Corsair H100i Vs 140mm Kraken X40

Discussion in 'Cases & Cooling' started by Z15CAM, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Z15CAM

Z15CAM Golden Member

No reviews yet.

The Corsair H100i is a revision of the H100 and the 140mm Kraken X40 is a new product.

2. kleinkinstein

kleinkinstein Senior member

I'm waiting patiently, with my money on the Kraken. The tubes and fittings on the H100i are still 1/4", not big boy 3/8" as it appears in pics. Surface area wins, no matter how tightly wound they say they have their new tuned fans.

And for the record to assure a fair fight it's the H100i vs. X60 with the undercard being the H80i vs. X40.

#2 kleinkinstein, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. crazymonkeyzero

crazymonkeyzero Senior member

Wow, nzxt is making closed loop liquid coolers too now??? And a dual 240 version as well at that. That kraken X60 does look interesting. Just need to find a good case and high sp optimized 140mm fans for it. The x40 will definitely beat out the h60 and possibly the h80 as well, if the 140mm fan is good.

#3 crazymonkeyzero, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  4. crazymonkeyzero

On second thought, I take back what I said. The kraken only has a 2 year warranty (which is a testament to their confidence in quality)~pretty rubbish. Sticking to Corsair series, they are the only manufacturer that offers a 5 year replacement policy on all their liquid cooling products, which is great.

5. Zap

Zap Elite Member

The impact of tubing sizes

So, how much difference does it make? In the testing at that link, a 0.32ºC difference. between 1/4" and 3/8" tubing.

:rolleyes:

6. tweakboy

tweakboy Diamond Member

They have two models this is the all in one solution.. rubber short tubes and pump on water block , I have the thermaltake version,, its the sme sh*T different smell..... pushing exhaust out single 120 RAD push push is that exhaust on both fan sides,, so blowing air out of the holes we drilled in my full tower case,,,,,, theres the 2 120mm dual fan ,, I miss my TMG Dual Rad we sold it,, tore apart my 2006 built water system for both CPU and GPU leaked soo many times LMAO loooooooool cuz the tube is cheap after like 5 6 years they were cut,,,, not high quality,, but these rubber tubes are special and also its maintainance free,, no resevoir no changing coolant,,,,,, it comes with it sealed,,,,, I get good temps but I have this cheapo used P5K which I payed 45 dollars for to the door, u cant do nothing with it on BIOS,,,,,,,, I can only change multiplier,, if I change voltage it dies UEFI 010G doesnt like this which is why Ive done the power cycle 5 times hahahhah but thanks to crystal I see my health is 100 percent...... my dads ssd health is 97 percent and now it transfers @ 300mbps instead of 375mbps sata 3 , cheapo ssd a-data 128GB... very slow compared to mine lol and hes on a sandy,,,,, but now Winblow8 is amazing soo smooth and fast no need to turn off animations soo fast and fluid and smooth,, metro and desktop on dual screen , use both same time,, gl

7. SKORPI0

SKORPI0 Lifer

#7 SKORPI0, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  8. lehtv

lehtv Lifer

Kraken X40 on top of my fractal R3... *drool*. I wonder if it would even fit height wise

9. dma0991

dma0991 Platinum Member

Most are just a derivative of the Asetek design with minor tweaks to differentiate themselves. The difference in cooling performance from one to another is very little. If you're looking for the better ones, look for ones that come with decent fans or easiest to install. The circular mounting that Asetek uses is flawed and difficult. Glad that Corsair went back to basics and moved away from the original Asetek design.

10. crazymonkeyzero

11. T_Yamamoto

T_Yamamoto Lifer

12. kleinkinstein

kleinkinstein Senior member

Yes, no shit! Any AIO on an X79 just proves your poser status!

13. blue.chord

blue.chord Member

...:confused:

For a an average chip @ 4.8 aio's are enough for x79. No reason to spend that much extra money on a custom loop unless you are looking for a 5.0+ OC 24/7.

14. Zap

Zap Elite Member

What's the alternative?

You can spend MORE money on custom liquid cooling, and get more performance.

You can spend the SAME money on high end air cooling for the same performance. However, there are a couple of benefits of the AIO liquid coolers over high end air cooling. One is that you don't have a couple pounds of metal cantilevered off your motherboard. The other is that you can dump heat directly out of the case.

A third benefit for the select few who go really small form factor is to get high end cooling in cases (such as Silverstone SG05) where the alternative is a low profile cooler.

15. T_Yamamoto

T_Yamamoto Lifer

he spent money on a x79 system. and then hes putting an AIO on it. High end air cooler or custom water system.

16. dawp

dawp Diamond Member

I'd say it depend on the purpose of the system. if it's not overclock and the need is for silence then an AIO should be fine.

not everyone wants the hassle of piecing a custom system.

17. dma0991

dma0991 Platinum Member

I think it is more of a personal choice. Having done a custom loop, the end result is definitely worth the trouble in my perspective. Some won't agree to that as it takes 1-2 hours to get it right and planning and they rather have the convenience of something that is easy to install and maintain.