corsair carbide 100r vs corsair carbide 200r?

Dec 16, 2014
In a nutshell, 100R is slightly small in overall dimension than the 200R. 200R does not come with a window side panel by default, 100R does. 200R has 3 optical bays while 100R has 2. Both have 7 PCI-E expansion slots. 200R has 4 extra 2.5in HDD slots, 100R has none.

redzo

Nov 21, 2007
200r cons:

- No dust filters on top of the 200r: Dust filters for the 200r are expensive and purchasing them defeats the purpose of the cheap 200r case. The inside of the case is a dust magnet.
- 0 sound insulation: It's a noisy case. Every sound gets out through those honey comb air vents. The case is full of tiny holes like that. Still, it doesn't affect me that much since I use silent components.
- I keep it on the floor, near my desk and there is always the risk of spilling your drink on the top of it: every last drop of liquid will spill on to the mobo and vga through those honey comb air vents.

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
Leaving a case on the floor under the desk, if you have carpeting it will act as a vacum cleaner and suck all carpet fibers into it. Plus the limited air flow under a desk, If you can't table top it I suggest a milk crate. To at least get it partly away from the fibers. On top of the desk you'll get better air flow.