Corsair 510 SSD + Windows 7

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
I am on Win7 x64

Just got Corsair 510 SSD. Apparently, Win 7 uses generic (MSFT) NVMe driver for that drive.

Corsair toolbox says that no TRIM is supported. No SMART values are being displayed.

Does anybody know how to update Windows7 NVMe driver to properly recognize this SSD?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Honestly, unless Corsair provides a Win7 64-bit NVMe driver specifically for their drives, then you're stuck with the MS driver.

Are you sure that the lack of SMART isn't just because you forgot to "Run As Administrator" the SMART-reading program?

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Honestly, unless Corsair provides a Win7 64-bit NVMe driver specifically for their drives, then you're stuck with the MS driver.

Are you sure that the lack of SMART isn't just because you forgot to "Run As Administrator" the SMART-reading program?

- No, this is what Corsair Toolbox says. I'll check out other ones to see if this holds true.

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
^ just ran fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify which returned 0 (zero). TRIM enabled.

Apparently, their SSD Toolbox can't fully communicate with their SSD with MSFT driver.

Billy Tallis

Aug 4, 2015
Last time I checked, Corsair's Toolbox was looking pretty outdated. I'm not sure it has any NVMe-specific capabilities, so it's no surprise if it can't grab SMART data.

Glaring_Mistake

Mar 2, 2015
I am on Win7 x64

Just got Corsair 510 SSD. Apparently, Win 7 uses generic (MSFT) NVMe driver for that drive.

Corsair toolbox says that no TRIM is supported. No SMART values are being displayed.

Does anybody know how to update Windows7 NVMe driver to properly recognize this SSD?

Regarding the SMART-values, have you tried using CrystalDiskInfo?
I have a Patriot Scorch which also uses the generic NVME driver and SMART-values for the drive are not displayed in most programs but it works with CDI.
Think it's worth a try at least (if you haven't already seeing how popular CDI is).

Glaring_Mistake

Mar 2, 2015
Thanks.

Downloaded and tried. Well, it does not see this disk at all. LOL.

Huh, did not expect that - I thought that it would be more likely that it would just show the temperature for the drive like with other similar applications for my Patriot Scorch.