Corsair 250D Damage

trungma

Jul 1, 2001
Hi Guys,

Just looking for your opinion. I bought a Corsair 250D case about 11 months ago but didn't open it until now and found out that the case front panel was dented. I am a bit irritated that it was dented out of the box. The box itself is in perfect shape however. Anyways I contacted Corsair and the don't believe they should replace the front panel.

I suppose I should have opened it when I first bought it but I wouldn't expect the case to be dented since it was new. I figure Corsair's good warranty would cover it but I guess not.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Hi Guys,

Just looking for your opinion. I bought a Corsair 250D case about 11 months ago but didn't open it until now and found out that the case front panel was dented.

It might not be what you want to hear from us, but Corsair is 100% correct in denying any warranty coverage for physical damage after that long of a period. Even if you aren't going to use something you buy for a long time, it is still your responsibility to open up the item and inspect/test it. Write it off as a very valuable lesson learned.

Reactions: Rifter

trungma

Jul 1, 2001
I agree that I should have opened it. But that doesn't change the fact that Corsair's quality control failed to catch the issue. I'm not worked up about since it was a cheap case which is why I didn't bother opening it in the first place.

I probably wouldn't have found the dent anyway because it was under one of the protective film which I wouldn't have removed until I did the computer build.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
After 11 months what did you expect?

If you sold something to someone 11 months ago and then they e-mailed you 11 months later asking for a refund due to physical damage would you believe them?

trungma

Jul 1, 2001
After 11 months what did you expect?

If you sold something to someone 11 months ago and then they e-mailed you 11 months later asking for a refund due to physical damage would you believe them?

AT never fails to deliver. Just wanted opinions. Not saying that Corsair is in the wrong.

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
AT never fails to deliver. Just wanted opinions. Not saying that Corsair is in the wrong.

Playing devil's advocate here, but Rifter's post is an opinion. :)

Just be thankful you posted this question in the tech areas, and not the lawless wild west area, aka Off Topic. I think the opinions there would be a lot tougher.

Last edited:

trungma

Jul 1, 2001
Playing devil's advocate here, but Rifter's post is an opinion. :)

Just be thankful you posted this question in the tech areas, and not the lawless wild west area, aka Off Topic. I think the opinions there would be a lot tougher.

True enough! ATOT can be brutal. Not saying it isn't my fault I didn't check. Just annoyed that the thing was dented from the get go.

Last edited:

trungma

Jul 1, 2001
This is under "lessons learned" territory, IMO.

Looks like, depending on which part it is, it might not be expensive to replace:

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/c/Cor_Products_Accessories_Parts?q=:featured:accessoryName:250D&text=#rotatingText

I find this the funny thing. It's only a $15 dollar part and you would think they would like keep a good customer happy. Since I live in Canada, it will end up costing $40 CDN after shipping and exchange which is half the price I paid for the case. I know that there are a lot of sketchy people out there so Corsair can't accommodate everyone. I must say though, the next time I am looking for a case, fans, water cooler, or power supply, I may just look elsewhere. It is definitely a lesson learnt though.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
True enough! ATOT can be brutal. Not saying it isn't my fault I didn't check. Just annoyed that the thing was dented from the get go.

I had the same thing happen to me back in 2002 or so. I bought a nice Sony DVD player, and because of moving and stuff, I left it unopened in the box for around 3 months. When I opened it up, it had physical damage. I bought it from AAFES (military exchange), and I tried to exchange it. They said it had been too long to claim physical damage, and to take a hike.

So from that time on, and even if I'm not going to use it for a while, I always unbox it and test it within 2 days so it doesn't happen again. You always have to remember if it wasn't for all the crummy people in the world scamming companies and wrongly taking advantage of a retailer, they would have no reason not to trust the honest ones. Heck even Costco had to change their return policy on electronics from lifetime to 90 days because people were basically using them like they were a Rent-A-Center, and returning TVs after using them for years so they could get the latest/greatest for free.

Feb 25, 2011
I find this the funny thing. It's only a $15 dollar part and you would think they would like keep a good customer happy. Since I live in Canada, it will end up costing $40 CDN after shipping and exchange which is half the price I paid for the case. I know that there are a lot of sketchy people out there so Corsair can't accommodate everyone. I must say though, the next time I am looking for a case, fans, water cooler, or power supply, I may just look elsewhere. It is definitely a lesson learnt though.

That's the EU site - they probably have a separate website for north america, no?

*shrug*

What did you say when you contacted them? I've gotten plenty of repair parts for free by writing a sheepish letter to customer support asking for help ordering one.

But then again, well, yeah. The 11 month delay probably is what did it.