Corsair 1GB DDR2-677 laptop ram $27 AR (free shipping!)

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: El Norm
thanks ordered a set think my girlfriend will appreciate this.

Your welcome! That is a ridiculously hot deal. I wish I had something to use it on...

Oil

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2005
Wow thanks OP, upgrade from 1.25gb to 2gb here we come! :)

GZeus

Apr 24, 2006
Awesome deal OP!!
The only glitch I see is I want 2GB but the rebate has a 1 per household limit... gonna have to have a chat with a buddy.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Raider1284
anyone know if these would be compatible with powerbook g4 laptop? it has ddr in it at the moment, but the pictures look like they are similiar. I know desktop ddr and ddr2 are not compatible, is it the same with notebook memory?

this is what im talking about
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80098-01 ddr ram
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=90054 ddr2 ram

Depends, which model do you have? The later ones use DDR2, but the earlier ones use regular DDR. Here's a table for reference:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14870

Raider1284

Aug 17, 2006
i have the early model with ddr ram in it according to the mac system profiler. So i take it they are incompatible like desktop memory?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Raider1284
i have the early model with ddr ram in it according to the mac system profiler. So i take it they are incompatible like desktop memory?

Correct, DDR2 is not backwards compatible with DDR ram.

El Norm

Oct 29, 1999
just curious about anyone else who ordered this, has anyone received it yet? i got a notification that my item was shipped on monday this week but all tracking shows is "Package data trasmitted to fedex" and no other info on it.

I emailed zipzoomfly with no response... i know this is a good deal and it does say 5-7 day delivery, but they are like 20 min away from me and i could of just picked this up myself...

nallur

Nov 8, 2000
Ditto for me. It's supposed to be delivered today, but all it says on Fedex is 'Package data transmitted to fedex".

Originally posted by: El Norm
just curious about anyone else who ordered this, has anyone received it yet? i got a notification that my item was shipped on monday this week but all tracking shows is "Package data trasmitted to fedex" and no other info on it.

I emailed zipzoomfly with no response... i know this is a good deal and it does say 5-7 day delivery, but they are like 20 min away from me and i could of just picked this up myself...

El Norm

Oct 29, 1999
K well i got a reply from customer service
Dear Customer,

Your item 90054 is unfortunately backordered; the ETA is 5/21/07. We apologize for the inconvenience. Once we do get it in, we will ship your order. Please feel free to contact us if you need anything else.

Regards,

ZipZoomFly Customer Service Department

Oil

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2005
Did anybody else receive it yet? It says package data transmitted to FedEx with no other updates