"Corrective Rape" to cure homosexuality?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I am going to go out on a limb and guess that his parents, grandparents and likely their parents were born and raised in Canada. At what point do the "colonists" become native inhabitants?

The Asians that colonized America were not all living together in perfect harmony, they attacked each other and occupied land belonging to other tribes. This was clearly documented in modern day Mexico as the Spanish rallied the oppressed populations that were conquered by other Native American nations to their side to overthrow the Aztecs and other Native American Empires.

Should we conduct further research to determine which tribes were the first to settle in a particular region, remove whoever is there now (even if it is another Native America tribe) and redistribute their land to the ones that first claimed it prior to any humans setting foot there?

This decolonization is going to get very complicated.

The point is, he has not been the victim of colonization, as he ignorantly (or a poor tongue in cheek crack) says it's not that bad, like the Africans colonized by Europe.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Ask the natives who lived there before colonization.

You're not the colonized, you're the colonizer. Big difference.

Zimbabwe was better off back when it was Rhodesia. That's not an endorsement of white minority rule BTW, it's a damning indictment of the current government that the country was better off under a racist and almost fascist-lite regime.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Zimbabwe was better off back when it was Rhodesia. That's not an endorsement of white minority rule BTW, it's a damning indictment of the current government that the country was better off under a racist and almost fascist-lite regime.

So I guess it's kinda like how being black in the US in the 1950s and 1960s sucked but was still way the hell better than living in africa ;)

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
So I guess it's kinda like how being black in the US in the 1950s and 1960s sucked but was still way the hell better than living in africa ;)

Basically yes.

There are a lot of right-wing idiots out there who romanticize Rhodesia and make it out to be some sort of civilized paradise that it never was. That being said, Mugabe's regime has become so bad that the country is worse off now than it was under white minority rule.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Mugabe's regime has become so bad that the country is worse off now than it was under white minority rule.
That's pretty much all of Africa in a nutshell. Haiti as well. When they kicked the white people out, they also tore out a lot of infrastructure and anything else that was built by the occupiers. Looking back, that wasn't really the smartest idea, but I understand why they would want all of it destroyed.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Damn Muslim countries .... wait, that's right, the Congo is 90% Christian.
oh yeah well it's not the christians fault because the country is 99% bla <racist comment removed>

It's a shit hole because there's no real government. It's as simple as that. If they had a solid police force like the people workers freedom democracy republic of China (pwfdrp) then the crime would be a lot lower.

The crime in those countries was also a lot lower when it was ruled by a bunch of Europeans. It was the exact same black christian population, but people stayed in check because breaking the law had serious consequences. Now, there really aren't any consequences. People are more afraid of wandering child armies cutting their hands off than they are of the police catching them rape some woman who probably deserved it anyway.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Better a worse government under independence, than in some ways a better government under someone else/tyranny, people who love freedom would say.

And fact is, I think that the west, the US, is generally not taught how bad the treatment under colonization was - there is a 'romanticization' of it.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Better a worse government under independence, than in some ways a better government under someone else/tyranny, people who love freedom would say.
lol. I don't think so bro. Let's compare the fact.

Africa under European rule:
-black people are second class not citizens
-black people are kept in line the way a dog is kept in line (beat them)
-keep your head down and say "sir" a lot and you'll be fine
-quality of life is like downtown detroit

Africa today:
-roaming armies rape your wife and kill your entire family
-child soldiers cut your hands off D:D:D:D:

http-i34.tinypic.com-35i8ys0.jpg

Aug 23, 2000
The point is, he has not been the victim of colonization, as he ignorantly (or a poor tongue in cheek crack) says it's not that bad, like the Africans colonized by Europe.

Science has proven than man evolved in Africa and spread out. Thusly, going back and "colonizing" isn't anything more than going back to our roots.

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
That's pretty much all of Africa in a nutshell. Haiti as well. When they kicked the white people out, they also tore out a lot of infrastructure and anything else that was built by the occupiers. Looking back, that wasn't really the smartest idea, but I understand why they would want all of it destroyed.

I don't think you know much about Haiti.

When their slave revolt fought it's way to power, every slaveholding country in the region eventually cut ties to it. Too dangerous, might give their own slaves some bad ideas.

There's lots of other convolution to it, of course. Simplistic analysis is simplistic.

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
lol. I don't think so bro. Let's compare the fact.

Africa under European rule:
-black people are second class not citizens
-black people are kept in line the way a dog is kept in line (beat them)
-keep your head down and say "sir" a lot and you'll be fine
-quality of life is like downtown detroit

Africa today:
-roaming armies rape your wife and kill your entire family
-child soldiers cut your hands off D:D:D:D:

http-i34.tinypic.com-35i8ys0.jpg

Belgian Congo. Look it up sometime....