Corona is not so good =(

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
friends brought over corona yesterday and im dirnking one of the remaining bottles from the fridge. not as bad as budweiser but this sh1t is not so good.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Budweiser is actually considered by many to taste better, myself included.

Originally posted by: SmoochyTX
You can only drink Corona with some lime slices in it. Any other way is improper.

If that was true, wouldn't they brew it with limes? If you have to cover up the taste with something else, then you might as well drink something else.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
corona and lime isnt too bad, and i dont even like beer...but guiness > all others ive had

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
I like "light" beers, including Corona and Heineken. I've never got into ales and lagers ("dark beers"), even though my dad drinks Samuel Adams (only American beer he likes). Are "dark" beers any good?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: dartworth
Originally posted by: her209
Everything else > American Beer
:roll:
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: her209
Everything else > American Beer
idiotic
link
Q: I am doing research into fermentation. Could you tell me the difference between European and American beer and the beer making process? Could you discuss the ingredients, manufacturing process and such? Also is there a web site or research site online, which could help me with this? Thanks for your help, Jim
A: The big differences between American Brewing and European brewing is our usage of rice and maize. All of the major brewers in the USA use one or the other to cut down the body of the beer and so that they can use cheap, high protein 6-row malted barley. European brewers use low protein, higher costing 2-row barley. The types of hops used in the continental lagers and American light lagers are usually the same varieties - all Noble hops. When you get into any of the beers that are not of the light lager variety all bets are off. Americans are no traditionalists some times and very traditional other times. Europeans make a few styles that aren't really made in America too like Berliner Weiss Beer or Sahti from Scandinavia. You could (and many have) written entire books discussing all of the likenesses and the differences between brewing in various places on this planet so I can't go too much into depth. The main difference is the source of fermentable sugars that I mentioned above. Good luck, BrewDude
Q: Could you please explain about the different types of malt. (Ex: 2 row and 6 row malts) Thanks
A: All barley stalks have 6 vertical rows of "flowers" on them. The 2-row or 6 row designation simply has to do with how many fertile "flower" rows a stalk of barley has. When only 2 are fertile then it will only grow 2 large rows of barley on opposite sites of the stalk. When 6 are fertile then all 6 will become barley kernels - more barley per acre but each kernel is smaller to fit in the same room as the 2 kernels on a 2-row variety. The larger kernel has less protein per lb. of kernels because the core is bigger and weighs more that a tiny kernel from the 6 row barley stalk. Lower protein levels is better for home brewers. With high protein levels there can be problems with haze. large brewing companies like A-B and Miller reduce the overall protein levels in their beers by using some rice or corn which have sugar but no protein and are cheap to buy. hope this helps, BrewDude

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Coquito
Budweiser is actually considered by many to taste better, myself included.

Originally posted by: SmoochyTX
You can only drink Corona with some lime slices in it. Any other way is improper.

If that was true, wouldn't they brew it with limes? If you have to cover up the taste with something else, then you might as well drink something else.

Here's a little hint. Mexicans love putting lime on stuff; meat, chips, soup, other fruits, and of course some beers. It's not about covering up bad flavor (although Corona isn't really that great a beer), some drunk Mexican but lime into a Corona and it just tasted good.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Mo0o
friends brought over corona yesterday and im dirnking one of the remaining bottles from the fridge. not as bad as budweiser but this sh1t is not so good.

You are dead to me.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Mo0o
but this sh1t is not so good.

That is correct. My friends like it but I can't figure out why. Negra Modelo and if I have to, Tecate works for Mexican beer.