"Core Temp" - Official Developer Thread.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Version 1.6 - 18th February, 2017

- Fix: Runaway memory leak on some machines.
- Fix: Bus clock detection on Apollo Lake processors.
- Fix: Occasional 'to TjMax' appearing on some cores on Intel processors. Improved, hopefully fixed.

- Change: Subversion will now be shown in the title and About dialog if it's not 0.

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Version 1.7 - 18th March, 2017

- Fix: 'to TjMax' appearing on some cores on Intel processors, should be completely resolved now.
- Fix: Incorrect build date displayed in the About dialog.
- Fix: Power draw figures are all N/A on some Intel systems.

Candleflight

Jan 17, 2017
Hi, Please ignore if inappropriate, but the G15 mini applet always requires me to select it twice from the menu, before it activates. Just wondered if you know what I am doing wrong. Thanks. Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz, P35, 8G DDR2, 9700, W10.

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't have a Logitech gaming keyboard, so I don't use the applet myself.
I did, however, install the keyboard gaming software a few days ago to check a few stuff out with the emulator LCD and everything worked fine for me. When I ran Core Temp, it was automatically selected, and I didn't have to do anything for it to work.
Albeit it was a clean install of the Logitech software with no other applets installed. Maybe it's some sort of 'conflict' with another applet on your system?

Candleflight

Jan 17, 2017
Thanks for the reply. It could be some sort of conflict. Its strange though, as I select it from the menu, go back in to the menu, G15 is deselected. Select it again, and it works. PS my G15 is battered , but I just really like the display. Too bad they don't make it anymore.

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
Small feature request: For those of us running Core Temp in the gadget, could you provide an option to minimize to the tray at startup?

Great utility. Donated a few versions back.

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Thanks.
If you go to Options --> Settings --> Windows Taskbar and uncheck the 'Do not hide...' check box and in Display check 'Start Core Temp minimized' you'll have it go right to the notification area, without the taskbar button.

Doom2pro

Apr 2, 2016
I'm still waiting for AMD to release the technical documentation for Ryzen. They said it will be around the end of the month.
I can't say how long it will take to implement, though. Hopefully it'll be ready for next months' release.

So what's the deal? AMD already released details showing Tctl and Tdie where Tdie is -20C from Tctl? Why hasn't this been updated yet? HwInfo and others have already updated support for Ryzen, what's the holdup now?

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Version 1.8 - 10th June, 2017

- New: AMD Ryzen support.
- New: Power consumption notification area (system tray) icon. (Intel only)
- New: Intel/VIA, right click the Frequency to select which core's frequency to display.

- Fix: Power draw figures are only available on CPU #0 in multi processor systems.
- Fix: BSOD on some Intel systems.
- Fix: Core Temp locks up after waking up system from suspend/hibernation due to overheating protection.
- Fix: AMD Athlon FX-60 Dual Core recognition.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Thought I'd relay this. Kaby Lake X is showing as socket 1151 instead of 2066. VID is also off. It should be at 1.3ish volts. CPU-Z reports it correctly.

Iyr7Ni1.png

Last edited:

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Thanks. Looks like it's going to be more tricky than I thought.
From a quick look, everything seems to be 100% identical to the LGA 1151 variety, including register values and hardware ID values and revisions.
I'll have to figure out how to correctly pick up on the differences.
Is this retail hardware or ES?