"Core Temp" - Official Developer Thread.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
I have no problem with that simple monitization link. It's just that DriverAgent has always seemed a bit shady.
There's always the standalone (portable) versions without any additional stuff.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Just installed it and loaded it up...

Really, DriverAgent? C'mon...

User error. Underneath "Download" there is another link, (yes with smaller font), that says "More Downloads..."
For years now I have clicked that link which takes you to "Download the standalone version of Core Temp:"
Do that and there are no "extras" included.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
There's always the standalone (portable) versions without any additional stuff.

User error. Underneath "Download" there is another link, (yes with smaller font), that says "More Downloads..."
For years now I have clicked that link which takes you to "Download the standalone version of Core Temp:"
Do that and there are no "extras" included.

Clearly, neither one of you have tried the new 1.0RC9 version. What AdamK47 was referring to, is a link directly in the program's main screen, that opens up a web page to driver agent.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Clearly, neither one of you have tried the new 1.0RC9 version. What AdamK47 was referring to, is a link directly in the program's main screen, that opens up a web page to driver agent.

Yes I am. I downloaded it just like I said. I don't pay attention to links like that for drivers so I guess I missed his point.
Any experienced person won't trust and click links they don't understand, no matter where they appear. They get drivers direct from the source, or let windows update install new drivers as they become available. Clicking things you don't understand has been a problem since the beginning of time with computers. Ignore it and pay attention to the things you wanted to check out like temp, voltage, cpu speed, etc.

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
Thank you for the new version of Core Temp. Using the 8GadgetPack program, I run the gadget version at all times on my Win 8.1 desktop. I appreciate the bug fixes, I had a couple of those issues.

I've been unemployed since last November, but I have a new job now, and when I get my first paycheck I intend to make a donation. I always donate to the developers of my "free" software. If I get valuable use out of it, the author deserves to be paid.

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Version 1.1 - 2nd July, 2016

- New: Digital Signature is now ALCPU.
- New: Support for Intel Broadwell-EP.
- New: Overheat protection can now execute files with arguments. Use : (colon) to separate executable path from its arguments.

- Fix: Corrected frequency detection on some AMD APUs.

- Update: Notification Area icon tooltips will display all of the available core temperatures in "Highest temperature" modes.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Thanks, I love the updated Core Temp & gadget combo. :thumbsup:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
New CoreTemp 64-bit standalone download, is no longer a signed .exe? I get the unsigned code warning, starting it after unzipping it in Win7 64-bit. A little unsettling.

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
I know that this is probably not relevant for most of you, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the Windows Phone app was updated on the Microsoft app store.
The bug where the app crashed as soon as you started it was fixed as well as a couple of other small problems.
Sadly the app store refused to accept the app with Live Tile features, which was supposed to bring some new functionality to it, so I had to cut that part out for now.
App store link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/core-temp-monitor/9nblggh0d6z7

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
New CoreTemp 64-bit standalone download, is no longer a signed .exe? I get the unsigned code warning, starting it after unzipping it in Win7 64-bit. A little unsettling.

Not sure why I haven't received an email about new replies to this thread. So I'm sorry for the late reply.
The new version was signed using a new certificate which is SHA-256 only. Older operating systems only support the SHA-1 algorithm, thus the executable looks unsigned to the OS. I've worked this out and the next release will be dual signed, with SHA-1 so it shouldn't be a problem.

capture1944.png

Last edited:

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Version 1.2 - 13th August, 2016

- Fix: Recognition for some Xeon processors.
- Fix: Driver load failure on Windows 7 and Vista.

- Known issues: Some systems running Windows 10 Anniversary may still have driver load failure.

Note:
With this version I have entered a new partnership with Goodgame Studios, they're a German company who develops free-to-play online games.
This installer includes an option to choose whether you want a shortcut linking to their Empire online game website to be put on your desktop or not. As some of you may have had negative experiences with installers including 3rd party garbage, I thought it was important to let everyone know that even if you don't opt-out of this option, the installer will NOT install anything on your system except a *.url file and an icon.

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Version 1.3 - 10th September, 2016

- New: Support for Xeon D processors.

- Fix: K8 generation of AMD CPUs displayed "Distance to TjMax" text when it was not actually doing that.
- Fix: Recognition for Xeon W3670, W3680 processors.

- Known issues: Some systems running Windows 10 Anniversary may still have driver load failure.

Note:
Regarding Core Temp and Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This Windows release requires drivers to be submitted to Microsoft for them to digitally sign them, and this in turn requires the developer to have an EV (extended validation) code signing certificate. At the time of writing, I still don't have an EV certificate and I'm waiting for my certificate provider to start supplying them. As soon as I am able to acquire an EV certificate and get the drivers properly signed, Core Temp will be updated again.
Until this issue is resolved, Core Temp 1.0 RC9 should still work with Windows 10 Anniversary Update. You can download it here.
One more workaround, which I don't recommend, is to turn off Secure Boot in the BIOS.

Reactions: BHZ-GTR and KTE

KTE

May 26, 2016
Version 1.3 - 10th September, 2016

- New: Support for Xeon D processors.

- Fix: K8 generation of AMD CPUs displayed "Distance to TjMax" text when it was not actually doing that.
So what was it actually showing?

And how long has this been wrong?

Sent from HTC 10
(Opinions are own)

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Version 1.4 - 11th October, 2016

- New: Power measurements for IA Cores, GT (Graphics core), Uncore and DRAM for Intel Sandy Bridge and newer processors.

- Fix: Dual and quad core VIA CPU support. Corrected VID detection for newer Nano processors and added support for 28nm CPUs.
- Fix: Crash when logging is enabled on machines with 20+ cores.
- Fix: AMD Carrizo temperature detection.
- Fix: Corrected Xeon D codename to Broadwell-DE.

Reactions: Burpo

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
There was a bug affecting everyone with non-Hyperthreaded CPUs from SB and newer.
Version 1.4.1 addresses this bug + adds the power feature to 22nm and newer Atom processors in addition to fixing the TjMax detection on Atom CPUs.

Version 1.4.1 - 12th October, 2016

- New: Power measurements for IA Cores, GT (Graphics core), Uncore and DRAM for Intel Sandy Bridge, Silvermont and newer processors.

- Fix: Version 1.4 crashing on Intel processors without Hyperthreading.
- Fix: Correct TjMax for Silvermont (22nm Atom based) and newer processors.
- Fix: Dual and quad core VIA CPU support. Corrected VID detection for newer Nano processors and added support for 28nm CPUs.
- Fix: Crash when logging is enabled on machines with 20+ cores.
- Fix: AMD Carrizo temperature detection.
- Fix: Corrected Xeon D codename to Broadwell-DE.

The Coolest

Dec 16, 2004
www.alcpu.com
Version 1.5 - 19th November, 2016

- New: Support for Intel Kaby Lake, Apollo Lake and Avoton processors.

- Fix: Incorrect multiplier on 45nm and early 32nm Core series processors.
- Fix: Sometimes power consumption doesn't work on supported processors.
- Fix: In cases where both IA and GT power figures are N/A, Uncore displays the same value as Package.
- Fix: Incorrect VID on Intel processors.
- Fix: Inaccurate TjMax on Silvermont based (22nm Atom) processors.
- Fix: Incorrect VID on AMD Trinity and newer processors.
- Fix: Corrected Lynnfield recognition of i5 760, i7 870S.
- Fix: Crystal Well and Haswell-ULT code names added for the Haswell generation.
- Fix: VIA Eden X4 was incorrectly named VIA QuadCore.

- Update: G15 applet will be named 'Core Temp' from now on, without the version number.

Reactions: BHZ-GTR

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
The standalone version doesn't work and the error msg was "could not find any supported cpu", Win10 x64 Sandy Bridge cpu.