Copy protection Marker thingy

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Dammnit, I hate to say it, but some new CDs I ordered have CP, and I want to put themon my Minidisc Player so I can take them to the gym.

I have found conflicting information on how to do it, and most internet links are dead:shocked;

Can someone tell me the CORRECT way to do it.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
I'm sorry, I don't know how to do it exactly, but I'm afraid your thread might get locked (DMCA bull****, not that your contents would be illegal otherwise, since you do have fair use, despite what the RIAA says and tries to enforce with this stupid Copy Protection that is giving you headaches). Good luck, hopefully you will get a useful answer soon.

thraxes

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2000
Is this a Net-MD or is it a regular MD that gets it's TOS-Link from a CD player?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: thraxes
Is this a Net-MD or is it a regular MD that gets it's TOS-Link from a CD player?

It's NetMD, but the cheapest one. It only has the USB connection and doesn't even have an AC adapter.:(

Originally posted by: jliechty
I'm sorry, I don't know how to do it exactly, but I'm afraid your thread might get locked (DMCA bull****, not that your contents would be illegal otherwise, since you do have fair use, despite what the RIAA says and tries to enforce with this stupid Copy Protection that is giving you headaches). Good luck, hopefully you will get a useful answer soon.

Well, if they choose to lock it, I will be pissed. I spent a LOT of money on these things and my MD player ($100 for an MD player was a lot for me).

The RIAA doesn't expect me to go around with a ced player and ALL my CDS, right?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
By the way, I used a dry erase marker and made a mark along the cirfumference, on top of that ring. I THINK that was the correct way, out of many, that I saw on the net....it seems to have worked:D

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
WMA losses is quite good. :D

I'd use something else, but I have to make sure Real Player supports it. how about OGG, FLAC etc? The OpenMG software is just Sh!t, and Real is the only alternative to get music on there