Cops Shoots Unarmed Woman Motorist To Death For Rolling Up He

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
News video footage on Youtube. This was recent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BSPhC916GQM

CULPEPER, Va. (WUSA) -- An eyewitness to a fatal police shooting in Culpeper, Virginia is contradicting the State Police version of the story.

Kris Buchele says he saw a Culpeper Town Police officer shoot 54-year-old Patricia Cook to death in the Epiphany Catholic School parking lot at around 10 a.m. Thursday, February 9.

Buchele is a carpenter who was working on the house next door. He says he heard loud arguing outside and looked through a window where he had a clear view of the school parking lot. Cook was in her Jeep Wrangler .

State police say Cook rolled up the window, catching the officer's arm inside, and then dragged him.

Buchele says it didn't happen that way. He describes an encounter which looked and sounded like the officer shooting a person a point blank range, not because he feared for his life, but because the woman did not obey his order to stop rolling up the window.

"He was right next to the vehicle. He had one hand on the door handle and one hand on his weapon. And she was rolling the window up. And they were exiting out of the parkng lot.

The window was half way up he said 'stop or I'll shoot.' I really didn't think he was going to do it. But she got the window all the way up and that's when he shot. And then she took a left out of the parking lot here and he stepped out in the street and fired five more times," said Buchele.

--------------------

Witnesses contradict what the officer said, and he shot her 5 times.

not news - 18 months old.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Proof of Christian persecution.

:sneaky:

Seriously though, cop is going to jail. Should be easy to tell what happened with forensic/ballistic evidence even without eye witness testimony.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Plenty of fuel to this fire, the need for a national Civil Liberties movement. Against the Police State. Against the NSA. Against military style raids. Plenty of wrongs in this country committed in the name of security.

We need to restore our Civil Liberties before we're answering to our own Kim Jong Un, Mao, Stalin, or Hitler.

We need a President who will see the opportunity to stand for something greater than himself, the people. A President who will stand for Civil Liberties. Where is such a man?

Last edited:

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Blocked by proxy so pardon my ignorance.

State police say Cook rolled up the window, catching the officer's arm inside, and then dragged him.
This should be very easy to check.
1 - It would leave distinct marks on the officer's arm after he frantically tries to pull his arm out of the window.
2 - The driver side window would have bullet holes because the window would be up when he shot her.
3 - The location of the bullet holes in the window would be consistent with the idea that he shot while the window was almost all of the way up, not just half the way up.

Witnesses contradict what the officer said, and he shot her 5 times.
5 times seems excessive. That's the kind of firing you do when you're a bit frantic, like being dragged. Then again why was his automatic reaction to grab his gun? I think my natural reaction would be to put my other hand on the car. Then again I'm not a cop, I haven't seen the stuff he has seen, I don't have the training he has, etc.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
I hope this brings people to action! These stories happen over and over and over again, people defend the police. But it feels like there is starting to be a shift. People are starting to see what is actually going on.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010

1 - It would leave distinct marks on the officer's arm after he frantically tries to pull his arm out of the window.
2 - The driver side window would have bullet holes because the window would be up when he shot her.
3 - The location of the bullet holes in the window would be consistent with the idea that he shot while the window was almost all of the way up, not just half the way up.

5 times seems excessive. That's the kind of firing you do when you're a bit frantic, like being dragged. Then again why was his automatic reaction to grab his gun? I think my natural reaction would be to put my other hand on the car. Then again I'm not a cop, I haven't seen the stuff he has seen, I don't have the training he has, etc.

Training? lol is that a joke

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
We need to funnel money from fighting terrorists, to fighting cops. I mean come on, you are 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Yawn.

The big bad police force it out to kill old ladies who do nothing....right.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Quote: "Soon after Harmon-Wright was arrested, it was revealed that he had a tarnished military record, a drinking problem, and a history of harassing Culpeper residents."

It makes you wonder how long they kept him on the force with that history of harassing residents before this finally came to pass upon her death. How many other cops out there are getting away with crap like this, until they too kill some innocent person? Or better yet, have killed innocent people and are still on the force?

Thank for the lin Brovan, I wasn't aware there was an outcome.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
yeah 3 years for murder that will really show the police that they cannot get away with shooting civilians whenever they feel like it.

That's going to be a long 3 years for him being a cop, in prison, for abusing his power, and killing an innocent mom. Not quite as bad as being in there for raping a kid, but there's going to be plenty of hate for him.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011

They are trained to shoot first ask later.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
That's going to be a long 3 years for him being a cop, in prison, for abusing his power, and killing an innocent mom. Not quite as bad as being in there for raping a kid, but there's going to be plenty of hate for him.

That's abhorrently f'ed up. Should not and cannot be a measure of justice.

I strongly oppose prisoners being harmed in prison. Those who we hold in custody are entitled to their own personal safety, failing to uphold that would constitute torture on our part.

That's aside from the fact that, if there had been no witness to this crime...

Those with authority necessitate the highest level of scrutiny and standards. Those whom we give the power of life and death must be the sort of people we can trust. Whom their fellow officers would disavow the moment they crossed the line. As a strong, standing symbol that criminals do not represent the many good honest folks who want to protect and serve.

I'm afraid we fall short of those ideals. In our zeal for security we take shortcuts. We ignore the Constitution. We harm our people. This case is an example of that harm. We can do better. We must do better. We need to campaign for Civil Liberties above all else.

Part of that means protecting our inmates. Another means training the police to more effectively guard public safety without violence nor provocation on their part.

We must protect the American people from ourselves.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Quote: "Soon after Harmon-Wright was arrested, it was revealed that he had a tarnished military record, a drinking problem, and a history of harassing Culpeper residents."

It makes you wonder how long they kept him on the force with that history of harassing residents before this finally came to pass upon her death. How many other cops out there are getting away with crap like this, until they too kill some innocent person? Or better yet, have killed innocent people and are still on the force?

I don't know "how many." You tell us. I don't think you know. I also don't think you have any good idea of what you're "proving" with these constant anecdotal "cops who do bad things" threads.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
These kind of police abuse stories appear to be happening with greater frequency these days, or perhaps we hear about them more.

Regardless, I wish the FBI would form a police abuse/civil liberties dept. whose only job was to investigate, gather evidence, and work with prosecutors when these abuses warrant it.

Maybe if the local police dept., half staffed with Iraq War PTSD veterans, had this hanging over them they would think twice.

More than just bad apples, it appears the culture within many police depts. are rotting, and provide an environment where officers know they can push the envelope and count on the blue wall of silence to cover up.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
I don't know "how many." You tell us. I don't think you know. I also don't think you have any good idea of what you're "proving" with these constant anecdotal "cops who do bad things" threads.

Could very well be access to media that provides a false illusion of increased incidents like these.

But that does not make any difference to the victims of course, and as I suggest above, perhaps the FBI should become involved when warranted, since most of these cases are civil liberties issues, and thus a (I assume) Federal Issue.

I know you are a lawyer, does your practice have you working with police on a regular basis? Just curious, have a good one.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

He will probably spend the entire time in protective custody and will be out in less than 3-years. No other prisoners will probably get even close to him.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Another means training the police to more effectively guard public safety without violence nor provocation on their part.

Wrong! Just quit hiring thugs. For whatever reason, people with power/bully issues are innately drawn to law enforcement. You can't train viciousness out of a bully.

Currently law enforcement is the largest most powerful and most dangerous gang in the United States, they don't give a good goddamn about you or your "rights".

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Could very well be access to media that provides a false illusion of increased incidents like these.

But that does not make any difference to the victims of course, and as I suggest above, perhaps the FBI should become involved when warranted, since most of these cases are civil liberties issues, and thus a (I assume) Federal Issue.

I know you are a lawyer, does your practice have you working with police on a regular basis? Just curious, have a good one.

I've occasionally done some criminal defense, where cops are obviously on the opposite side. Most of my practice has been civil litigation.

You make an interesting point about the FBI. They do compile crime statistics year by year. It might be useful if they separately compiled statistics about crimes committed on the job by police. That at least would be better than relying on anecdotes.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I've occasionally done some criminal defense, where cops are obviously on the opposite side. Most of my practice has been civil litigation.

You make an interesting point about the FBI. They do compile crime statistics year by year. It might be useful if they separately compiled statistics about crimes committed on the job by police. That at least would be better than relying on anecdotes.

I wonder why they have never done that before? Hmmmm... maybe it might cause law enforcement to look bad? I think I read somewhere about FBI and local law enforcement being resistant to keeping any type of statistical information or tracking on bad cops, or bad behavior of cops. I will have to dig that article up.

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
I just have to ask, why is the op pulling out these old news items? Not enough current events on the subject?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I wonder why they have never done that before? Hmmmm... maybe it might cause law enforcement to look bad? I think I read somewhere about FBI and local law enforcement being resistant to keeping any type of statistical information or tracking on bad cops, or bad behavior of cops. I will have to dig that article up.

I have no idea. In fact, I'm not sure that they haven't compiled such statistics. I just haven't seen them.

Either way, you have zero proof of an upward trend in police brutality. The fact that you can find plenty of incidents by Googling around is meaningless. With 2 million cops in this country, it would be shocking indeed if you had any trouble supplying this message board with constant anecdotes. The question I posed to you, however, is what precisely do you think these anecdotes prove?

Status
Not open for further replies.