Cops plant evidence on more then 500 black people, DA covers it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Just a #fewbadapples right?

http://henrycountyreport.com/blog/2...ars-district-attorney-doug-valeska-complicit/

Truly disgusting....a dozen officers planted evidence on black men for years, and the DA covered it up, both prosecuting the innocent black men and ignoring the cops illegal activity.

The cops involved are also totally racist, being members of a racist hate group.

A group of up to a dozen police officers on a specialized narcotics team were found to have planted drugs and weapons on young black men for years. They were supervised at the time by Lt. Steve Parrish, current Dothan Police Chief, and Sgt. Andy Hughes, current Asst. Director of Homeland Security for the State of Alabama. All of the officers reportedly were members of a Neoconfederate organization that the Southern Poverty Law Center labels “racial extremists.” The group has advocated for blacks to “return” to Africa, published that the civil rights movement is really a Jewish conspiracy, and that blacks have lower IQ’s

Other cops say that upwards of 1000 people have been wrongly convicted.

Multiple current and former officers have agreed to testify if United States Attorney General Loretta Lynch appoints a special prosecutor from outside the state of Alabama, or before a Congressional hearing. The officers believe that there are currently nearly a thousand wrongful convictions resulting in felonies from the 20th Judicial District that are tied to planted drugs and weapons and question whether a system that allows this can be allowed to continue to operate.

Nothing was done about it, DA and police covered it all up.

The original group of police officers responsible for the written complaints were in disbelief and for years afterward attempted to get federal assistance to help those wrongly convicted and continued to warn of the practice of the narcotics team of planting drugs on young black men. The officers who were responsible for the narcotics team, Steve Parrish and Andy Hughes, continued to be advanced in rank and were richly rewarded for their complicity in hiding the truth.
For two decades District Attorney, Doug Valeska, having full knowledge of the situation, proceeded to earn a reputation across the Wiregrass as a tough prosecutor while knowingly prosecuting black men whom he knew the evidence was planted on them in their cases. The district attorney’s office took in millions of dollars in court fees and their pre-trial diversion program.

Man, we sure have a lot of fine outstanding cops around here.....willing to be in a racist hate group and plant evidence to lock up all those scary black men....and the Chief and DA proudly cover it up and convict all these innocent men? And they get promoted for proscuting so many "criminals".

So anyone want to explain how this is an "isolated incident", "few bad apples", how the "system works"?

Just another systemic case of police abuse that many people knew about and covered up. Anyone want to bet that nothing happens to these fine officers and DA's?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It's a systemic problem and one that black people have been complaining about for decades!

But how do we combat corruption when is the law enforcers that are the corrupted?

Racism is alive and well and the way it's worked into our government, both locally and federally is truly disgusting.

I doubt anything will happen but I think the death penalty should be an option.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
if they stop planting drugs, they'll just say they were going for their guns.

who's more credible a corrupt cop or a criminal?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's seriously messed up. Every one of those involved should be in prison for life with no chance of parole.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
How else do you make total civil asset forfeiture value exceed the value of all burglaries? Gotta keep that money rolling in somehow.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
They were disenfranchising these victims of their crimes, which would help the Republicans. That's why the political system there has no interest in clamping down on this.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
We really really really need to stop electing our law enforcement/justice system officials.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
We appoint our Supreme Court, and the conservatives on it don't think we need the Voting Rights Act anymore.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
That's seriously messed up. Every one of those involved should be in prison for life with no chance of parole.

This. Police corruption is honestly worse than murder; at least with the latter there was usually some wiggle room to defend yourself. I'd love to see a federal law passed requiring every police officer in the country to have a uniform camera at all times, just for starters.

tjtech94

Dec 2, 2015
www.iphonescreenrepairmn.com
By no means do I think the state of events in bass-ackwards Alabama are representative of the larger police community as a whole, but it's been shocking and disheartening to see so many examples of questionable/morally dubious behavior the last couple years. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to think about where things are headed...

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Utterly embarrassing. Those guys need to be sentenced to the amount of time the people they wrongfully arrested were sentenced to.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
How else do you make total civil asset forfeiture value exceed the value of all burglaries? Gotta keep that money rolling in somehow.

Is this for real? Holy fucking shit. Cops are literally worse than burglars. All burglars COMBINED.

xgsound

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
Utterly embarrassing. Those guys need to be sentenced to the amount of time the people they wrongfully arrested were sentenced to.

I can't see it happening but that sure sounds like justice to me.

Jim

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
So I am no cop fan and initially I fell for this too, bad cops bring out the rage.

But this appears to be a blogger with an agenda. Someone capitalizing on the cop hate that's been rampant recently.

This is a link to the "radical" organization the DA belongs to....

This isn't too far off from "SAR" or Sons of the American Revolution, or "DAR" Daughters of the American Revolution. Those are respected organizations of ancestors of those who signed the Constitution.

The CSV is for ancestors of Confederate soldiers, they do re-enactments and spend a lot of time with genealogy.

I know a bit about these kinds of groups because my mother is in DAR. They are history oriented organizations.

Also this cop he spoke of about 'planting evidence' - was busted by his cop supervisor for procedural violations in not turning in evidence.

Basically this blogger lies.

The Washington Post reveals some of the lies.

That journalist (Washington Post) also initially fell into the same trap :

I tweeted the story, along with a follow-up tweet about racial bias in the criminal justice system. In retrospect, I wish I hadn&#8217;t.

The other side of this "story" :

&#8220;While the photo copies of the documents posted online from Mr. Carroll appear to be authentic in nature they are arranged and redacted in a way to promote his agenda,&#8221; Parrish said in the statement.
The blog refers to Parrish&#8217;s involvement in the group called the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) as that of a Neo-confederate organization labeled, according to the post, as &#8220;racial extremists.&#8221;
&#8220;I am a history enthusiast,&#8221; Parrish said. &#8220;My ancestors fought for the South during the Civil War, and I&#8217;m proud of it.&#8221;
"White said the specific allegations made against Magrino involved the improper storage of evidence not the planting of evidence. He said a supervisor of Magrino&#8217;s performed a random inspection on his patrol vehicle and discovered drugs and firearms, properly packaged for evidence, which had not been turned in to the police evidence officer. White said Magrino was written up for the evidence storage issue. White said Magrino later resigned after a second similar evidence storage issue came up."
&#8220;I sent them a certified letter giving them notice to post a retraction in the same manner that they published the defamatory information,&#8221; White said. &#8220;If they fail to do so we will proceed with a civil suit.&#8221;

Link

Last edited:

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
This. Police corruption is honestly worse than murder; at least with the latter there was usually some wiggle room to defend yourself. I'd love to see a federal law passed requiring every police officer in the country to have a uniform camera at all times, just for starters.

Lol no.

That doesn't excuse the police though, and like the commenter above said for those involved lock em up and throw away the key.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Lol no.

That doesn't excuse the police though, and like the commenter above said for those involved lock em up and throw away the key.

It's better for some angry dude to shoot his cheating wife than for police to conspire together and throw away the better part of an innocent man's life. Individual crimes can often be dealt with individually and are usually easy to identify even when the criminal escapes. Crimes committed by government undermine our entire system of laws, are committed in secrecy, and when identified there is often no higher power to deal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.