Cops perform cavity search on woman in public

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Since people tolerate persecution for possession of a completely harmless herb, it is quite obvious that they will also tolerate being anally violated in public. Does this behavior frickin shock you?

+1

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
As a Texas taxpayer, I'm confident that this isn't the sort of thing that taxpayers mind paying for. I realize this innocent woman may have been unfairly accused, but when weighed against the possibility of reefer madness, isn't it worth it?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Yeah that certainly makes up for the loss of dignity. What if this was your mom or sister or grandmother or aunt?

If that were the case, then there would be somewhere between a 10-30% chance that I myself would currently be incarcerated. So I'd probably just add it to my list of reasons for hating the police.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't understand how police still think this is OK. This isn't some obscure fine point of law. Several incidents have made national news and all have had lawsuits filed where the victims get paid big money. Don't cops learn anything at all?

That cops continue to do this just shows that they really don't care about the law, and they don't bother to even keep up with what is legal and illegal. It's all "I am the law" BS where they feel free to do whatever they want, secure in the knowledge that they will be protected.

Nov 8, 2012
No no no they did find weed... 0.02 ounces. Thank god our fine upstanding officers were there to keep this raging drug mule off the road.

So wait- did they actually find that 0.02 ounces in her bum? Not that I justify the search, just curious.

After reading it in full - I have 2 questions:

1. What is a cavity search? Last I recall, it was anally (or vaginally?) searching someone - But I haven't had a cavity search so I can't say I know. The article is VERY vague on how she was searched. Other than "pulled her pants down".

2. How is it not probable that they pulled her pants down and the weed was right there hanging out on the side of her hip or something?

Last edited:

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
So wait- did they actually find that 0.02 ounces in her bum? Not that I justify the search, just curious.

1. What is a cavity search? Last I recall, it was anally (or vaginally?) searching someone - But I haven't had a cavity search so I can't say I know. The article is VERY vague on how she was searched. Other than "pulled her pants down".

2. How is it not probable that they pulled her pants down and the weed was right there hanging out on the side of her hip or something?

You should have read the article better:

When she arrived, she told Corley to pull her pants down, but Corley protested because she was cuffed and had no underwear on. The deputy ordered Corley to bend over, pulled down her pants and began to insert her finger into Corley's vagina.

Then, according to Cammack, Corley stood up and protested, so the deputy threw her to the ground and restrained her while another female was called in to assist. When backup arrived, each deputy held one of Corley's legs apart while they conducted the orifice probe.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I don't understand how police still think this is OK. This isn't some obscure fine point of law. Several incidents have made national news and all have had lawsuits filed where the victims get paid big money. Don't cops learn anything at all?

That cops continue to do this just shows that they really don't care about the law, and they don't bother to even keep up with what is legal and illegal. It's all "I am the law" BS where they feel free to do whatever they want, secure in the knowledge that they will be protected.

They are used to getting away with it and even when they don't the punishment is almost always virtually nothing compared to the crime committed.

I wonder what the "comply or die" crowd think of this. Should she have willfully disrobed on the side of the road? If she had been shot resisting a cop forcibly taking her pants off and sticking things/body parts into her vagina would it have been her fault?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

A cavity search is when they insert their gloved fingers into your ass and in women's case vaginas to search for contraband. It's a very invasive and demeaning search in a private room with just the officers present. To do something like this on the side of the road with the probable cause that "i smelled weed" should be fucking rape and a slew of other charges. Everyone involved in this incident should be on the sex offenders list after they get out of jail but of course we know that won't happen. The people that committed this crime don't believe that they did any wrong and probably think that the woman is lucky because they allowed her to live. That is the attitude of far to many of our LEOs. You can't claim a few bad apples when other LEOs show up to the scene and fucking help you sexually assault a woman on the side of the road.