Cop shows pulled from the air during Floyd protests.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
No, I will maintain my faith in our system of government. I know a few people who grew up to be police officers. They work every day to keep the public safe. There is nothing corrupt or racist in them. We as members of society need to give these people authority to uphold the law.

And no, faith does not imply that we should accept the current system despite it's flaws. Faith means that I believe in their purpose and importance in our society, and don't believe they are fundamentally corrupt. There are problems, but we should be working to fix the problems, not tear the institution now. Protester, not rioter.

Faith in the system is what lead to where we are now with our current police system. Faith in our current police system has lead to numerous deaths of our civilians, especially minorities, without any consequence or change. That is why the BLM protest is so important, because the faith is finally at a tipping point and lost by so many people. You can keep having faith but that will not change anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortylickens

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Faith is the complete trust in something. Having faith that our government will do the right thing or will always work completely goes against the founding fathers intentions.

A democracy that works for all requires work and the more people there are to help the better our democracy will be.

Mar 11, 2004
I simply corrected you because you are wrong. I didn't even give my opinion about the show. Not my fault you want to be ignorant and not learn from your mistakes.

Even the post I just quoted of yours is wrong. You see a lot of the conversations they have. But again you are too ignorant and don't want to be educated.

The fact that you ignore that they'll act differently simply because they know cameras are on them is part of the problem. We need police that will act properly even when they're not being watched.

Which I don't think those shows are entirely worthless but you need to understand that it inherently isn't the whole truth. And a lot of that is deliberately done to make cops look better.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The fact that you ignore that they'll act differently simply because they know cameras are on them is part of the problem. We need police that will act properly even when they're not being watched.
When did I say this? Please quote me.

These protests have also shown us that many cops don't care if they are being watched - they will still behave bad.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

i'm just shocked that they police would do this....suspect was in court could have been easily aprehended but nope, they need some tv ratings to show the world how 'cool' they are

/s

not shocked at all

hot damn, i used to live in cedar park. it is one of the major suburbs of austin. i can't imagine the residents are going to take too kindly to this sort of thing, now that it's happened in one of their homes.

Reactions: KMFJD