Cop shows pulled from the air during Floyd protests.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Might be more that they don't want protestors showing up on the scene of Live PD.

I haven't watched Cops in awhile, but do catch Live PD from time to time because I like Dan Abrams, and I think it makes cops look pretty good honestly.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

I dont know why.
Given everything going on I'd really like cameras on them as much as possible. Maybe its the cops who dont want cameras on them right now......
You mean the shows that if you pay attention you realize that cops just pick on people in poor pathetic situations. I.e. people who have zero power.

Reactions: FaaR

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008

I dont know why.
Given everything going on I'd really like cameras on them as much as possible. Maybe its the cops who dont want cameras on them right now......

Because most cop shows that are played on TV are copaganda. It purposefully puts cops in a good light to show how they are doing a proper job while hiding the dirty stuff they do rather often. The cop shows that make it to TV are heavily screen and edited before they actually make it on air.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I watch Live PD a lot and last night I noticed my DVR wasn't recording it at like 10pm so I turned on A&E and saw Live Rescue on. I then googled to see why it wasn't on and saw this news. I was kind of surprised too.

I am pretty confident the whole reason Live PD was started was because of the bad rap cops are getting, and it does a great job showing what those guys do and how they handle situations. I feel like it would have been better for them to keep it on TV as well last night and show what the usual guys are up to.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Nat Geo really has decided to profit on all of this shit. Lockdown, Border Wars, ect. Thanks Disney.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Because most cop shows that are played on TV are copaganda. It purposefully puts cops in a good light to show how they are doing a proper job while hiding the dirty stuff they do rather often. The cop shows that make it to TV are heavily screen and edited before they actually make it on air.
Then you clearly don't know what the hell Live PD is.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I think we need to force body camera onto all law enforcement and take the control of the camera out of their hands.

Body cams are not there for cops. They're our tool to document the activities of our employees.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
So you're telling us Live PD shows completely unedited video of police from the start of their shift to the very end?
Like 75% of their 3 hour show is showing what is going on live with various police departments. Sure there is a delay but it's like a minute or so if that. Far from "heavily screened and edited" as you say.

Also I never claimed anything about unedited video of police from start of shifts to the end. Way to put words in mouths.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Like 75% of their 3 hour show is showing what is going on live with various police departments. Sure there is a delay but it's like a minute or so if that. Far from "heavily screened and edited" as you say.

Also I never claimed anything about unedited video of police from start of shifts to the end. Way to put words in mouths.

Then you certainly don't understand what copaganda is. Unless the entire shift for a police is played out unedited, it is copaganda instead of a documentary, live or recorded. It's obvious by your perception and defense of the show that you think it's fine, but when you do not play the video of an entire shift, you do not see the mentality of the police they are trying to portray. You do not see the conversations they have, their attitudes towards those they see, which is incredibly important.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Then you certainly don't understand what copaganda is. Unless the entire shift for a police is played out unedited, it is copaganda instead of a documentary, live or recorded. It's obvious by your perception and defense of the show that you think it's fine, but when you do not play the video of an entire shift, you do not see the mentality of the police they are trying to portray. You do not see the conversations they have, their attitudes towards those they see, which is incredibly important.
I simply corrected you because you are wrong. I didn't even give my opinion about the show. Not my fault you want to be ignorant and not learn from your mistakes.

Even the post I just quoted of yours is wrong. You see a lot of the conversations they have. But again you are too ignorant and don't want to be educated.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
If you don't think the cops who participate are not hand picked and constantly warned they are representing all police while being filmed and think it reflects actual normal police behavior is out of touch with "reality" tv shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aegeon

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
I simply corrected you because you are wrong. I didn't even give my opinion about the show. Not my fault you want to be ignorant and not learn from your mistakes.

Even the post I just quoted of yours is wrong. You see a lot of the conversations they have. But again you are too ignorant and don't want to be educated.

You are so willfully ignorant it's not even funny. You are part of the problem of our society today and why African Americans are so oppressed.

• Haha
Reactions: purbeast0
Dec 10, 2005
I forget which tv commentator it was, but shows like Cops are basically used to whitewash abusive police departments to improve their public image.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I forget which tv commentator it was, but shows like Cops are basically used to whitewash abusive police departments to improve their public image.
I believe you. My point is: right now isnt that exactly what some departments would want now?

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
Honestly, I don't have a problem with cops or live pd being on the air. Yes, it is designed to put cops in a positive light. But we as a society need to have faith in our system of law enforcement or we are in serious danger of actual societal deterioration. Obviously we don't see the worst possible stories about cops on these shows. But that's what we here about from the media, right?

Yes, there is a problem with racism and racial inequality that exists. We need to overcome that. But we also can't lose sight of the good that law enforcement officers do every day to help the general public and keep it safe. If all you hear about are the worst stories, and never see police officers putting their life at risk to stop drunk drivers or domestic abuse then you aren't seeing the full picture of what's going on.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
But we as a society need to have faith in our system of law enforcement or we are in serious danger of actual societal deterioration.
Faith in something that doesn't exist creates societal deterioration, and encourages the worst among us to claw power from the best.

Reactions: WelshBloke

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
But we as a society need to have faith in our system of law enforcement or we are in serious danger of actual societal deterioration. .

Faith suggests that you should accept the system as it is regardless of proof that its flawed. Your system of law enforcement is utterly broken. From abusive, out of control police departments to regional courts that seem to be run like little fiefdoms.
Now is not the time to have faith in a system that is obviously dysfunctional.

Reactions: sandorski

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
No, I will maintain my faith in our system of government. I know a few people who grew up to be police officers. They work every day to keep the public safe. There is nothing corrupt or racist in them. We as members of society need to give these people authority to uphold the law.

And no, faith does not imply that we should accept the current system despite it's flaws. Faith means that I believe in their purpose and importance in our society, and don't believe they are fundamentally corrupt. There are problems, but we should be working to fix the problems, not tear the institution now. Protester, not rioter.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
No, I will maintain my faith in our system of government. I know a few people who grew up to be police officers. They work every day to keep the public safe. There is nothing corrupt or racist in them. We as members of society need to give these people authority to uphold the law.

And no, faith does not imply that we should accept the current system despite it's flaws. Faith means that I believe in their purpose and importance in our society, and don't believe they are fundamentally corrupt. There are problems, but we should be working to fix the problems, not tear the institution now. Protester, not rioter.
Let me know how politely asking your police force to reform itself goes given that it seems happy beating people to death or looking the other way while people get beaten to death.

You say that the people you know who are police officers are not corrupt or racist. How many of them have arrested fellow police officers? How many of them have made complaints against fellow police officers? How many of them are out protesting against police brutality?

You've given those people way too much authority and they are using it as they see fit. What they need is oversight and regulation not more freedom to abuse.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Faith is blind compliance. One can hold Principles as Sacred, but Systems/Persons need to earn Trust through Deed.