Cop shoots his own undercover agent 9 times

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
http://nypost.com/video/new-mexico-cop-shoots-undercover-colleague-9-times/

Lt. Greg Brachle of Albuquerque, New Mexico, made a series of mistakes during a sting operation that led to him shooting undercover Detective Jacob Grant nine times. Grant, who lost 80 percent of his blood after the shooting, is recovering, while the trigger-happy Brachle has retired from the force.

Multi-million dollar taxpayer backed settlement to the shot officer while quick-draw cop gets an early retirement. Supposedly the cop missed the morning briefing but still showed up for the mission. All of this over a $60 drug sting.

Nov 25, 2013
Repeat after me. There are no systemic problems. There are no systemic problems. There are no systemic problems...

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
http://nypost.com/video/new-mexico-cop-shoots-undercover-colleague-9-times/

Multi-million dollar taxpayer backed settlement to the shot officer while quick-draw cop gets an early retirement. Supposedly the cop missed the morning briefing but still showed up for the mission. All of this over a $60 drug sting.

tumblr_lp6fjpCRo81qz4yoao1_500.gif

9 Times?!

9 Times.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
what a idiot. misses the briefing and they still let him on the raid? where most likely he would have seen that a cop was working? not that it matters. he fired just at the sight of the gun.

glad he retired. this is not a man that should be a officer.

oh and where is that compassion when they accidentally shoot someone who is not a officer?

edit: not the first time this asshole shot someone he shouldn't have.

This isn't the first time Brachle has made a serious error. In 1998 he was sent on a job to an Albuquerque house where a man was in a fight with his ex-wife and a neighbor.
According to a 2000 lawsuit the lieutenant shot the man when he came out of the house even though his hands were in the air. Fortunately he survived.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cover-colleague-NINE-times.html#ixzz44cX9T1jI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
what a idiot. misses the briefing and they still let him on the raid? where most likely he would have seen that a cop was working? not that it matters. he fired just at the sight of the gun.

glad he retired. this is not a man that should be a officer.

oh and where is that compassion when they accidentally shoot someone who is not a officer?

If it wasnt a cop they would of cuffed him and let him bleed out.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
"are you ok?!"

"no"

lmao.

So dumb. Sleeps in and misses the briefing. Decides to ride along anyway. Then, being completely ignorant of the raid, decides to lead the pack. Gets spooked immediately and blasts his own agent. What a moron. Writing should have been on the wall over a decade ago when he blasted a dude with his hands up.

I mean seriously, this is like a dark comedy version of police academy. The complete disregard for safety is astounding. This stuff reminds me of the movie The Gauntlet with Clint Eastwood.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Any cop that survives getting shot nine times, let alone getting shot AT nine times, deserves the Wyatt Earp Walk on Water Award.....with Oak Leaves even.

The luckiest unlucky man alive I say.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Any cop that survives getting shot nine times, let alone getting shot AT nine times, deserves the Wyatt Earp Walk on Water Award.....with Oak Leaves even.

The luckiest unlucky man alive I say.

You don't suffer damage to all organs, and continue with quality of life. I'll wait to hear of his new life long medical conditions (plural) before saying he's better off alive.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
"are you ok?!"

"no"

lmao.

I laughed my ass off at that too, especially his tone. Like "WTF asshole you just shot me a bunch of fucking times no I'm not ok you fucking idiot".

If it wasnt a cop they would of cuffed him and let him bleed out.

So very sad but so very true. No way he would have made it if he wasn't a cop.

What I find more disturbing is that I can't imagine the undercover cop would do ANYTHING that would illicit the cops opening fire even though they were supposed to know he was undercover. So not only was it a bad shoot because he shot an undercover he almost undoubtedly didn't have reason to fire his weapon regardless of who it was. Then he's "accidentally" shot someone before, how do you keep your job as a cop after a colossal fuckup like that???

Last edited:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
You don't suffer damage to all organs, and continue with quality of life. I'll wait to hear of his new life long medical conditions (plural) before saying he's better off alive.

The city agreed to pay his medical bills for life. Yet when a cop blindly throws a flashbang into a sleeping babies crib causing massive damage trying to apprehend a guy that wasn't even there the family gets stuck with all of the medical bills.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The city agreed to pay his medical bills for life. Yet when a cop blindly throws a flashbang into a sleeping babies crib causing massive damage trying to apprehend a guy that wasn't even there the family gets stuck with all of the medical bills.

That's cause the baby isn't in a union.

EOM

Mar 20, 2015

The baby was just a second class pleb, not an upstanding citizen with a badge.