Cop abuse incident in Texas

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I also doubt it happens often. These guys and girls are tough, that's why they chose that job. Another problem is shock takes a bit to kick in. After the adrenaline wears off and your brain starts processing stuff, that's when things hit you. I saw a guy die once only feet away from me. Not a natural death, a messy death. Right after I wasn't freaked out. A few hours later I was pretty messed up.

You are absolutely right and that's something that I had not thought of until you brought it up. Adrenaline is one hellofa drug but when it wears off you come crashing down hard.

Regardless, being mentally unstable because of relatively normal events you endure while doing your job is not a valid excuse. It is something that we should encourage them to recognize and properly deal with though including giving them whatever tools and latitude necessary.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
I have been told that isn't exactly true, does anyone have a source on this?
My positivity simply comes from experience. I cannot imagine that if a cop called his supervisor and said "That last call messed me up bad, I need to sit out the rest of the shift behind the desk instead of going to another call where I May act badly." would be told to man up unless he did that often.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
You are absolutely right and that's something that I had not thought of until you brought it up. Adrenaline is one hellofa drug but when it wears off you come crashing down hard.

Regardless, being mentally unstable because of relatively normal events you endure while doing your job is not a valid excuse. It is something that we should encourage them to recognize and properly deal with though including giving them whatever tools and latitude necessary.

I totally agree. If you lose control as bad as this cop did, chances are it was more than just shock and stress from a couple tough calls. Something snapped with him.

I'm glad the cop manned up, I'm glad the chief owned this and I'm glad no one got hurt.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
A supporter of Officer Casebolt put up a Facebook page for his fellow supporters to use. The supporter lost control of the Facebook page when he gave a troll full admin rights to the page, a troll who then kicked him out.

The result involves goats... :biggrin: