Announcement Coolermaster will not send me the mounting kit for a 612 v2 cooler for AM4.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I have made 4 different tickets. They close them and say:
1) contact store.coolermaster.com. That says open a parts ticket. There is only one type of ticket you can open. So its an endless loop.Close ticket.
2) They want the invoice, and 2 months old is not under warranty ? But I bought it used, even though it looks new. Close ticket.
3) They tell me the LGA1700 kit will be out soon (even though I gave them the specific part number, and specify its for AM4.)Close ticket.

This is not available anywhere that I can find to buy, so I have a great (but worthless to me) cooler. $34 down the drain. Part number RR-AM4B-H6V2-R1 .

Markfw

May 16, 2002
If you live in Austrailia, there are 2 places, they won't ship to the US.

If I go to the TW version of coolermaster, I can put it in my cart, but no idea how to check out, as I don't read whatever language it is. its NT$100 however much that it.

Edit: I can click on the american flag on the top, but the only country I can select is Taiwan. Their web site sucks.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: gtrxpro

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
It's been like that for weeks....I'm guessing they are small company with no real inventory.

Response:
Hello

The bracket will be available on our CM store shortly. All parts are delayed due to the global shipping shortages and our shipping ports being backlogged, we are currently awaiting stock to arrive before shipping to Canada. We are not shipping to Canada at the moment. For inventory purposes, we were going to have the bracket up for free with 4.99 shipping, but it is easier to have the bracket up for 4.99 with free shipping. We currently do not have ETA's for items out of stock. Our main link to our site is below:

Thank You

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
BTW: Some LGA1700 boards accept LGA1200 coolers without the added bracket.

All ASUS Z690 Motherboards designed with dual mounting holes compatible with both Intel LGA1700 and LGA1200 cooling brackets.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Reactions: balloonshark

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
This is why I always pay a bit more for coolers from companies like Noctua.

The very few times I've ever had to contact them over a new mounting bracket or a fan that failed early, they respond quickly, and after you send them an image of the receipt, they ship the items out quickly.

Reactions: CP5670

Markfw

May 16, 2002

The very few times I've ever had to contact them over a new mounting bracket or a fan that failed early, they respond quickly, and after you send them an image of the receipt, they ship the items out quickly.
I ended up GIVING it away, along with a 14 core E5-2683v3 CPU and 16 gig of 2666 memory to a family friend, as no other hardware is required for socket 2011v3. And I ordered a motherboard for $127. sons brother-in-law xmas gift.

The heatsink is worthless to almost anyone without an AM4 kit.
The memory is too slow to sell.
The CPU would not even sell for $100 after 6 months on ebay.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I ended up GIVING it away, along with a 14 core E5-2683v3 CPU and 16 gig of 2666 memory to a family friend, as no other hardware is required for socket 2011v3. And I ordered a motherboard for $127. sons brother-in-law xmas gift.

The heatsink is worthless to almost anyone without an AM4 kit.
The memory is too slow to sell.
The CPU would not even sell for $100 after 6 months on ebay.

What happened to the original AM4 kit?

16 gigs is nothing to sneeze at...

My first and last Cooler Master purchase was also a Hyper212.....I should have bought a Noctua...

H T C

Nov 7, 2018

To those that need to ask for an AM4 mounting kit from Noctua but have misplaced the cooler's invoice (like me), send this as proof of purchase instead of the coolers' invoice:

I covered in white my full name and my e-mail address but they are required. Instead of the board, you can include the CPU together with the cooler: either one is OK.

The mounting kit request form is located here.

This cooler has been discontinued since @ least 2016, but they STILL sent me an AM4 mounting kit no questions asked.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
What happened to the original AM4 kit?

16 gigs is nothing to sneeze at...

My first and last Cooler Master purchase was also a Hyper212.....I should have bought a Noctua...
I just bought this... There is no original AM4 kit. I got it a month ago, and have been emailing, creating tickets for a month. I give up. Screw Coolermaster, never again.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004

I used their U12P cooler for many years across several boards and sockets. They ship out free brackets to owners whenever new sockets come out.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I just bought this... There is no original AM4 kit. I got it a month ago, and have been emailing, creating tickets for a month. I give up. Screw Coolermaster, never again.

During normal times it most likely would have been easy to order the part from their store. These are not normal times.....

legcramp

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
I have made 4 different tickets. They close them and say:
1) contact store.coolermaster.com. That says open a parts ticket. There is only one type of ticket you can open. So its an endless loop.Close ticket.
2) They want the invoice, and 2 months old is not under warranty ? But I bought it used, even though it looks new. Close ticket.
3) They tell me the LGA1700 kit will be out soon (even though I gave them the specific part number, and specify its for AM4.)Close ticket.

This is not available anywhere that I can find to buy, so I have a great (but worthless to me) cooler. $34 down the drain. Part number RR-AM4B-H6V2-R1 .

Get it from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265453532875?hash=item3dce4376cb:g:sXAAAOSw22phuZGs

There are four left in stock shipping from Israel but at least you can get it; I am not sure how much it cost compared to getting it directly from CM though.

Does MWAVE Australia ship to USA? They don't might: https://www.mwave.com.au/product/cooler-master-lga-1700-bracket-for-hyper-212-evo-v2ma612-ac49318

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Get it from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265453532875?hash=item3dce4376cb:g:sXAAAOSw22phuZGs

There are four left in stock shipping from Israel but at least you can get it; I am not sure how much it cost compared to getting it directly from CM though.

Does MWAVE Australia ship to USA? They don't might: https://www.mwave.com.au/product/cooler-master-lga-1700-bracket-for-hyper-212-evo-v2ma612-ac49318
$25 shipped compared to $5 shipped ? I will buy another heatsink.

And thats gfor a 212. I have a 612-2, way different mounting.

Reactions: legcramp

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Actually reading your original post properly.....you wanted the AM4 bracket....

PS: I still have a Corsair A50 and A70 unused.....got them at a steep discount and never found a use for them.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Thats fail...

i understand you getting rejected for trying to get free mounting kit, but when you specified that you would pay for them, and still get rejected, i call that really bad customer service.

I don't buy coolmaster, its all junk to me after they changed from 2007 back when they had awesome cases like the COSMOS, and STACKER.
Now its all bling, and half functional bling.

But i also + Noctua... they are expensive as heck, but you really pay for it in terms of after service, and quality control.
I also recommend Thermalalright, however i fear they may not be in the business much longer like Zalman, or may undergo major management change.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
But i also + Noctua... they are expensive as heck, but you really pay for it in terms of after service, and quality control.
I also recommend Thermalalright, however i fear they may not be in the business much longer like Zalman, or may undergo major management change.
I've been buying Thermalright since the Athlon days. I'd hate to see them go. My last purchase was a Noctua NH-D15, but I have a True Spirit Direct still in the box (too tall for case) and a Macho Rev C waiting for GPU prices to drop so I can finish the build. I liked some of their TY series fans.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If you live in Austrailia, there are 2 places, they won't ship to the US.

If I go to the TW version of coolermaster, I can put it in my cart, but no idea how to check out, as I don't read whatever language it is. its NT$100 however much that it.

Edit: I can click on the american flag on the top, but the only country I can select is Taiwan. Their web site sucks.
Markfw I had the same problem ordering a part from a foreign country!
I ended up taking a screen shot of the page and using google translate and then going back to the page and clicking all the right buttons! Got my part 6 weeks later but it was worth it!!

Good luck!!