Coolerguys screwed me!

joecool

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2001
COOLERGUYS SUCK!!! STAY AWAY!!!

these guys are a real fly-by-night mom and pop operation. as near as i can tell they are running the business out of their home and only a few people run the store. i purchased a vga cooler and returned it three weeks ago, they promised me a credit within 10 business days (why so long?!!!). it has now been 15 business days and no credit. i've emailed them three times in the past week and received no reply; i called on thursday and the lady who answered said the support guy wasn't there but promised he'd call me back by the end of the day. no surprise he didn't. i called again yesterday and nobody answered at all. i'm guessing i'm about to get screwed out of $30. STAY AWAY!!!!!

oh, and they don't even have a toll-free number - both phone calls were on my dime.

btw, for those of you who notice my two posts, i'm not some crackpot who always returns stuff. i buy a ton of stuff online (multi thousand/year) and return only a small percentage of it. in face, i've never been ripped off in all my online transactions - until now. this time i seem to have hit the jackpot - two poor quality products that didn't meet their marketing hype, and two poor quality companies that don't honor their own return policies. lesson for me - stay away from fly-by-night operations and stick with the companies you know are ok. in other words, go AMAZON! go EGG!

joecool

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: SKORPI0
ResellerRatings. 8.95/10.

true, but dig a little deeper - all of the negative comments (and they are there, one or two a month) are regarding returns or damaged merchandise. these guys are fine at selling, they just suck at resolving problems.

interestingly, they also recently merged or bought pctoys.com. i'm wondering if they are having financial problems like so many other small stores that have been hit with the ongoing economic slowdown. no excuse for sticking it to me, but it might explain why their service has gone down hill.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: joecool
these guys are a real fly-by-night...

if you're going to insult, insult correctly. this company has been around for a while.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
COOLERGUYS SUCK!!! STAY AWAY!!!

these guys are a real fly-by-night mom and pop operation. as near as i can tell they are running the business out of their home and only a few people run the store. i purchased a vga cooler and returned it three weeks ago, they promised me a credit within 10 business days (why so long?!!!). it has now been 15 business days and no credit. i've emailed them three times in the past week and received no reply; i called on thursday and the lady who answered said the support guy wasn't there but promised he'd call me back by the end of the day. no surprise he didn't. i called again yesterday and nobody answered at all. i'm guessing i'm about to get screwed out of $30. STAY AWAY!!!!!

oh, and they don't even have a toll-free number - both phone calls were on my dime.

btw, for those of you who notice my two posts, i'm not some crackpot who always returns stuff. i buy a ton of stuff online (multi thousand/year) and return only a small percentage of it. in face, i've never been ripped off in all my online transactions - until now. this time i seem to have hit the jackpot - two poor quality products that didn't meet their marketing hype, and two poor quality companies that don't honor their own return policies. lesson for me - stay away from fly-by-night operations and stick with the companies you know are ok. in other words, go AMAZON! go EGG!

go charge back

they will get hit with a $25 fee charge back.

A threat of it alone will be enough :)

Oct 19, 2000
I ordered once from Coolerguys once a couple of years ago with no problems. Sorry to hear about your trouble. Do what Adul suggested :D.

joecool

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX

if you're going to insult, insult correctly. this company has been around for a while.

that doesn't mean much - even if they've been around a while they could still be small time, which it is pretty clear to me they are.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX

that doesn't mean much - even if they've been around a while they could still be small time, which it is pretty clear to me they are.
fly-by-night != small time.