cooler master cm scout or cm 690

imrank66

Jul 8, 2009
which one is better between above two in features and specially for big size graphic cards and cable management.

spinejam

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
don't know 'bout the scout but, my cm690 is great! abundance of space & great airflow.

James of the Mountains

Sep 22, 2009
I love my CM scout. It too, has lots of space and great airflow.

I like that I can turn the LEDs off. (not a bling style person lol) The handle is super handy! I move the case from my office to the living room (where my 1080p widescreen lives) a couple times a week and it is much, much easier with the handle, and it makes hooking and unhooking the cables easier too. (i.e. I can lift it out of my desk cubby with my right hand and unplug cables with my left without effort.)

The cable management is slick and easy, I have all my plugged molex connectors behind the motherboard. The expansion card clips that everyone complains about are handy as long as you don't push them the wrong way. I could see how they'd break if you force them the wrong way, but for me it wasn't an issue, and you could always just use screws. I _guess_ I wish it had a firewire port on the front, but I plan to buy a cardreader with one included anyway so it wasn't a big deal for me. I truly can't say enough good things about this case, and it was on sale with a CM 600w 80+ modular power supply for like $50 off from the egg.