coolbit only 100mhz, can't go furthur

faye

Platinum Member
Sep 13, 2000
hI, JUST merged the coolbit to my registry...

i enabled the frequecy clock setting, but i can only set both mem and core clock at 100mhz

using det 40.78(the one from nvidia.com)

thanks

THUGSROOK

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2001
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"Coolbits"=dword:ffffffff
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage"=dword:00000001

faye

Platinum Member
Sep 13, 2000
i can see a "clock frequency" when coolbit is at 3.
4, it was gone..

ffffffff is same as 3

max to 100mhz, can't go beyond that.

faye

Platinum Member
Sep 13, 2000
help help help!!!

not yet working!!!

should i use 30.xx or 40.xx drivers

just to overclock/perhaps checking how stable my card can be..

MadTom

Sep 4, 2002
First of all, latest Nvidia driver is 40.72, not 40.78.

The Coolbits link I gave before is for the 40.xx version (officially from Nvidia - 40.41, 40.71, 40.72 - all betas). I'm using the 40.72 revision under XP with the mentioned coolbits, and everything works fine. Only 40.72 is available for Win9x/ME, too.

Which Windows are you using? What graphic card do you have?

Basically, try to reinstall the driver (first do an uninstall from Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, if using Win9x/ME, you can use Detonator Destroyer - as there is a chance that some crap from the previous driver installation is in your system). After that, unzip the coolbits for 40.xx revision of Detonators, right click on the file and choose Merge. After you get a message on the screen where you are asked if you wanna merge the settings from the key into the registry, click on OK and it should be done. Now you are able to open the driver settings through desktop properties, advanced... After all, there should now be the possibility to change Clock Frequencies. First you have to choose "allow clock frequency adjustments". After that you probably will have to restart the PC. Then go back into display properties and clock frequency settings, choose the desired setting for memory and GPU speed, click on test settings - if this goes through you will be able to press apply and you overclocked your baby.

Hope this helps.

faye

Platinum Member
Sep 13, 2000
MadTom, thanks,
it works.!!!

130/185 a very conservative try.

but i can't make it to run at startup.

i will need to set it everytime i reboot.

i've checked the "apply this setting when startup"

but no, it will not start at 130/185. start at default

MadTom

Sep 4, 2002
Hi,

the problem with "apply at start-up" is bothering me, too. However, with the 40.71 version it worked for me. To be sure, I haven't tried it with the 40.72 version, but I know i didn't work in the 40.41 revision.

Still, I'm not playing games all the time, therefore I keep my GPU at standard settings, unless I need the additional power (running a GF3 Ti200, still works fine).

If you just wanna stick with the faster drivers, I recommend you trying 29.42 version of drivers (they are faster than 30.82), but then you need the "old" coolbits. Here they are. At the following site you can find the different Detonator's. Probably you have the old coolbits and drivers anyway.

As the new drivers (40.41 and up) have mainly better code for pixel and vertex shaders (found in GeForce 3 and up) I guess you won't have any special performance boost for your GeForce 1 card. However, try to share results with us when you finish your testing and get a satisfying solution.