Cool singleplayer game?

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
Sup... I was wondering what is cool recently for single player gaming... i tryed fallout, oblivion but is a bit old... and mirrors edge, and deadspace...

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
last single player game campaign I thoroughly enjoyed was COD4 or the repeat runthrough of Chronicles of Riddick.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Indigo Prophesy. Steam has it for $9.99. Old game, but has a neat story, neat gameplay and a few sex scenes.

Best ten bucks ever spent.

lifeobry

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2008
Originally posted by: Jeeebus
last single player game campaign I thoroughly enjoyed was COD4 or the repeat runthrough of Chronicles of Riddick.

Riddick is fun

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Pelu
Sup... I was wondering what is cool recently for single player gaming... i tryed fallout, oblivion but is a bit old... and mirrors edge, and deadspace...

I just started Titan Quest + Immortal Throne expansion and I am enjoying it. It looks like it is going the be a LONG game, I'm been playing a few hours a night for 2 weeks now and I'm still in chapter 1.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It seems that all the SP games with staying power these days are RPG's.
Still recommend Fallout 3, Oblivion and add-ons, and of course the classics.

Baldurs Gate
Knights of the Old Republic
Deus Ex
Alien Vs Predator
No One Lives Forever
Tron 2.0

Also some alternative stuff like Test Drive Unlimited. If you dont cheat and give yourself a billion dollars that game will last a long time.
Sports games in general will last provided you like them. I'm still going on PGA Tour 2004, cuz its the best and it entertains me.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SMOGZINN
Originally posted by: Pelu

I just started Titan Quest + Immortal Throne expansion and I am enjoying it. It looks like it is going the be a LONG game, I'm been playing a few hours a night for 2 weeks now and I'm still in chapter 1.

It is a long game. It can get tedious/repetitive however, but I still enjoyed it.

I just started Baldur's Gate I with expansion and then will move on to BGII. I expect it will take about 6 months to get through it all :D

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
My vote goes for the new Prince of Persia.

Also, just finished BG Trilogy with some additional mods romancing (again :D) Viconia. DAMN YOU BIOWARE! DAMN YOU! Highly recommended :)

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I'm surprised it wasn't suggested, but you can try Rome: Total War or Medieval II: Total War, both very addicting single-player games (also multi-player of course, but the main aspect of them is their single-player campaigns).

matas

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Atreus21
Indigo Prophesy. Steam has it for $9.99. Old game, but has a neat story, neat gameplay and a few sex scenes.

Best ten bucks ever spent.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: angry hampster
Audiosurf. I think it's only $5 on STEAM.

I've read about it everywhere. Is it really a good game? Seems like a cool idea but not too sure about it.

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
Originally posted by: zerocool84

I've read about it everywhere. Is it really a good game? Seems like a cool idea but not too sure about it.

If you've read about it everywhere, and every place says it's a good game, then why are you doubting it? Also, it's only $5 so it's not that big of a deal if the fun only lasts a few hours.

However, I downloaded the game about a year ago and still go back to it from time to time and do a few runs. Good, simple fun.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Originally posted by: KeypoX
max payne 2

Probably the funnest SP game I have played in Years. Max Payne 1 is right up there too.

If you are going to play Max Payne 2, I would suggest getting the first and playing through that first, as the second game is a continuation and won't be as good without the backdrop of the original game.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: zerocool84

If you've read about it everywhere, and every place says it's a good game, then why are you doubting it? Also, it's only $5 so it's not that big of a deal if the fun only lasts a few hours.

However, I downloaded the game about a year ago and still go back to it from time to time and do a few runs. Good, simple fun.

It's been $10 and I've been spending all my money on these other Steam games. I really need to calm myself down with this Steam spending spree every weekend but I'm ganna pick it up right now.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Give STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl a go, but be sure you have it patched up and have the Oblivion Lost mod installed. It was worth the $5 that I payed on steam for it, but that deal is over... for now.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Empire Total War will be a massive single player game when it comes out. Even people who didn't like strat games that much reviewed this game and thought it was pretty addicting.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: TehMac
Empire Total War will be a massive single player game when it comes out. Even people who didn't like strat games that much reviewed this game and thought it was pretty addicting.

I didn't enjoy it that much. I just though the ground forces was really slow for my liking. The sea warfare was great but the ground Napoleonic type was just too slow for me. I tried the demo so my little review is from there.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Originally posted by: KeypoX
max payne 2

Strongly recommended if you haven't played it yet. Max Payne 1 and 2 definitely deserve a playthrough, excellent games. Also, there are plenty of good mods which have been released for them, specially for Max Payne 2. :)

Aberforth

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2006
Has anyone played 'The Experiment'? it's one of my favorite games with a deep emotional story line.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Originally posted by: Aberforth
Has anyone played 'The Experiment'? it's one of my favorite games with a deep emotional story line.

I've had that game, but not got around to playing it....thanks for reminding me so now I'll install it!