Cool music community website: www.audioscrobbler.com

Krk3561

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2002
A friend recently told me about audioscrobbler so I signed up and the service is really cool.

We already have an Anandtech group going on their, but theres only a few of us.

Audioscrobbler builds a profile of your musical taste using a plugin for your media player (Winamp, iTunes, XMMS etc..). Plugins send the name of every song you play to the Audioscrobbler server, which updates your musical profile with the new song. Every person with a plugin has their own page on this site which shows their listening statistics. The system automatically matches you to people with a similar music taste, and generates personalised recommendations.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com

Link to AT group:
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Anandtech

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Krk3561
A friend recently told me about audioscrobbler so I signed up and the service is really cool.

We already have an Anandtech group going on their, but theres only a few of us.

Audioscrobbler builds a profile of your musical taste using a plugin for your media player (Winamp, iTunes, XMMS etc..). Plugins send the name of every song you play to the Audioscrobbler server, which updates your musical profile with the new song. Every person with a plugin has their own page on this site which shows their listening statistics. The system automatically matches you to people with a similar music taste, and generates personalised recommendations.

www.audioscrobbler.com

Teh suck at teh linkage?

Too lazy to type it in. Please link me :p

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Hmm... interesting. So I just install the plugin, save my login credentials to the plugin, and it sends the artist/track that I'm listening to back to the website? It's basically just collecting information on what everyone listens to? Cool. :)

Krk3561

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2002
It makes recommendations to you too. So it can help you find new artists. Its an online music community.