Cool invention I was thinking of during class today.....

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I want to invent a thin mechanical arm specifically made to go into vending machines. It needs to be small enough to fit in your pocket, and needs an arm at the end.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: SuRgEoN
You're basically you're a thief.

It would only be used when the vending machine malfunctions......... yeah ..........

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Hacking into vending machines using the product choice buttons is a piece of friggin cake. Not that I would ever do such a thing... :evil:

;)

Nah, in all reality, I've been waiting for the right situation to present itself where I can test my second-hand knowledge to see if it really works. Management is considering getting a coke machine or something in the lobby here. If they do, I think I'll politely ask to test something while the installation tech is here. :D

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: SchrodingersDog
Or you could panhandle for about half an hour a day and buy your own damn Shasta.

They still have shasta vending machines?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Or you could panhandle for about half an hour a day and buy your own damn Shasta.

Yup. I know a guy who lives across town from me. His son rides around on his bike on the weekends. His bike has a rope that attaches a Radio Flyer wagon, which is attached to another RF wagon, which is attached to a third wagon. He rides all over town Saturday and Sunday picking up cans from trashcans and sidewalks and streets and things. He'll even ride as far out as North Plains (from cornelius/forest grove area) for anyone who knows the area. On good days, he'll make $30. :Q

Well, he did, anyway, before he got busted for his meth and crack habbit. :roll: Dumbass.

TTM77

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2002
Originally posted by: SuRgEoN
You're basically you're a thief.

Who knew, this device can be modify and become a medical instrument to go pick stuff in your stomach through your ass. LOL

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Nik

Yup. I know a guy who lives across town from me. His son rides around on his bike on the weekends. His bike has a rope that attaches a Radio Flyer wagon, which is attached to another RF wagon, which is attached to a third wagon. He rides all over town Saturday and Sunday picking up cans from trashcans and sidewalks and streets and things. He'll even ride as far out as North Plains (from cornelius/forest grove area) for anyone who knows the area. On good days, he'll make $30. :Q

Well, he did, anyway, before he got busted for his meth and crack habbit. :roll: Dumbass.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

* These words were first used by Evelyn Beatrice Hall, writing under the pseudonym of Stephen G Tallentyre in The Friends of Voltaire (1906), as a summation of Voltaire's attitude, based on statements in Essay on Tolerance where he asserts: "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privelege to do so too", but some believe its ultimate origin may lie in Voltaire's letter to M. le Riche (February 6, 1770): "Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write."

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Sounds cool. Get a patent, get it designed and engineered professionally, start up a small manufacturing company and build it. I'm sure you'll sell one.

Jan 31, 2002
Ooh, quick, make a thread with no description begging for money from OTers and then get pissed off when you get flamed for asking for a handout.

- M4H

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
theres enough ways to hack vending machines, why bother with this? Making the arm will be more expensive than paying for the stuff

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
use a tool that's hot enough to work its way through the glass without making any noise. is it even possible without it shattering ?

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
The only inventions I used to think up in class where new types of bongs.

cthulhu

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2000
Originally posted by: MetalMat
I want to invent a thin mechanical arm specifically made to go into vending machines. It needs to be small enough to fit in your pocket, and needs an arm at the end.

It's already out there: a coat hanger.;) I used to work with a guy who was who could work wonders with one.

Originally posted by: Nik
Hacking into vending machines using the product choice buttons is a piece of friggin cake. Not that I would ever do such a thing... :evil:

;)

Nah, in all reality, I've been waiting for the right situation to present itself where I can test my second-hand knowledge to see if it really works. Management is considering getting a coke machine or something in the lobby here. If they do, I think I'll politely ask to test something while the installation tech is here. :D

From what I've read you can't get free cokes unless you know the security code or whatever they call it. You can screw around with machine just not get free drinks.