Cool band i've been listening to - Guster

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Friday night I went to a Barenaked Ladies Concert and the opening band was Guster. I liked them okay there and tonight I was bored and got some more of their music and was listening to it (i so much prefer my speakers over concert sound) and really like it alot more now. I think my fave now is Fa Fa. So if you're bored go get Guster's Fa Fa and tell me what you think of it! If you're already familiar with guster gimme some more recommendations!

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Guster is awesome...probably my favorite band at this time. My favorite track is probablyAirport Song, followed by Medicine, FaFa, and Barrel of a Gun. Actually, there's not a song of their's that I don't like (I have 3 of their albums a whole bunch of bootleg mp3's).

I'm going to see them this Saturday at Voodoofest this Saturday. I can't wait! :)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yes I like them...my fav songs are Demons, Fa Fa, Barrel of a Gun, and Happier :)

jorken

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
My girlfriend went to a concert they did at UPenn. She said after the concert she and her friend just walked back stage and hung out with them for a little bit. She said they were really cool guys, she got autographs and gummy bears ;)

somethingwitty

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2000
i saw them at Upenn too, but I didnt really consider them my type of music. but hey, i'm willing to give 'em a second shot.

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999
I saw them Saturday at a BNL concert in Columbus. They were not too bad as far as opening bands go. Drummer was certainly interesting.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hehehe...

My freshman year of college, there was a guy who lived on our hall.... He was from wherever Guster is from, so they were a local band to him. Of course, none of the rest of us had ever heard of them. ANyway, he wore a shirt every now and then that was just red, with the word GUSTER on the front. I think he wore it the first day he moved in.

HE WAS GUSTER.

I don't think we ever actually learned his real name. We all just called him Guster. Some of those guys still to this day don't know it wasn't his real name. :)

Ricky
DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
On a related note....

I have an uncle. His name is John. --But nobody knows that except his family. He is Fred, although the name Fred is in no way anywhere to be found within his name. Why is he Fred?

He gre up in a small town. His first day of school, he had a nice new bag of all nice new school supplies. His mom bought them out of town at a little-known-at-the-time store...called FRED'S. :) Yes. All his folder's said "Fred's" on the front of them, so everyone just assumed his name was Fred. EVEN HIS MOM now calls him Fred! :) Talk about a nickname sticking! :)

Kinda like the "Back to the Future" Calvin Klein situation. :)

Ricky
DesignDawg