Cool Alarm Clock?

Feb 19, 2001
Linky

I really want one except that it's fvckign expensive... I bet I would let it ring for like 10 minutes and my roommate will probably end up killing me if it's so annoying.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Too bad all the pieces are identical... seems like it would take 1 second to assemble. Maybe place it on a shelf so you lose them every time.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
When I find the time, I'm going to make an intelligent alarm clock that runs away from you. Operative word here is intelligent. As in the ability to track it's pursuer, calculate turns, and improvise new routes.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I'd probably just tape them down or at least tape them together so it's just one big piece.

Syrch

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
i dont' think that thing would last more than 2 days in my house lol. Though maybe i should get that for my g/f

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: irishScott
When I find the time, I'm going to make an intelligent alarm clock that runs away from you. Operative word here is intelligent. As in the ability to track it's pursuer, calculate turns, and improvise new routes.

Too late.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005...rm_clock_that_hid.html

You coulda made millions.

Better yet would be an alarm clock that shocks you until you wake up. I have a housemate that can sleep through an alarm clock for 20 minutes and insists on using the snooze button at least 2 times. Nothing like 60 minutes of alarm clock sound to push you over the edge. Just glad I'm usually gone before he has to get up.

Feb 19, 2001
I was talking to someone at work who uses 4 alarm clocks. He uses a Winamp alarm, a cell phone this clock and a regular clock.

He said that back when he had only 3 clocks (no puzzle alarm), he managed to sleepwalk and log into his computer to shut off the winamp alarm and then turn off the 2 other alarms... He said it's been good since he's gotten the puzzle alarm though.

Anyone want to buy this for my birthday? =P

Originally posted by: Injury
Originally posted by: irishScott

Too late.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005...rm_clock_that_hid.html

You coulda made millions.

Better yet would be an alarm clock that shocks you until you wake up. I have a housemate that can sleep through an alarm clock for 20 minutes and insists on using the snooze button at least 2 times. Nothing like 60 minutes of alarm clock sound to push you over the edge. Just glad I'm usually gone before he has to get up.

I had a roommate that was a light sleeper. He puts on earplugs and is a relatively light sleeper with an internal clock. There are sometimes where he lets the alarm clock ring for a longass time... But still his ability to get up at 6:00 most of the time without an alarm amazes me... Every morning too while I just kept missing class after class.