Cooking pork buns?

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
They either come from the freezer or the refridgerated section. Do I have to steam these fuckers or can I just eat them?

What other good foods can I cook in a rice cooker? I'm getting a little sick of veggies, ramen, eggs, rice and custards.

edit: I should probably add that I can't read the writing as I'm not mandarin fluent.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
you have to steam them. Otherwise they turn out really messed up.

Also, i buy the 100 packs of dumplings. They are great, all you do is boil them for 7 minutes and then eat them.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Tiamat

Yep, meant to be steamed. You could microwave them, but the steam provides the moist texture that makes them so good in the first place.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Imp

Yep, meant to be steamed. You could microwave them, but the steam provides the moist texture that makes them so good in the first place.

Microwaving in a plastic bag seems to be an OK way if you dont have a steamer.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Imp

Microwaving in a plastic bag seems to be an OK way if you dont have a steamer.

If you don't have a steamer, put some water in a medium sized pot, get two layers of foil, and make a basket by sort of draping it in and bending it up over the sides of the pot to hold it in place. Punch some holes with a toothpick.

Now you do have a steamer.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004

Also, i buy the 100 packs of dumplings. They are great, all you do is boil them for 7 minutes and then eat them.

Aw bitchin'

Thanks for the help guys. Uh...but how long do I steam them for? Also, by dumplings do you mean potstickers or sashimi?