Convicted child molester found dead in prison

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Link

More proof that sex offenders never (or SELDOM) stop being sex offenders. I say caught once, throw away the key!

A fitting end? I don't know, but one less sick'o to worry about as far as I'm concerned.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Most sexual predators of children have to be seperated from the general populace.

I say we throw them in a pit to do battle with the biggest, meanest, strongest prisoners in the nation, and then broadcast it on pay per view. Bare-knuckled, no holds barred grudge match.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
---
''I'm shocked,'' said Andrews, now in his 40s and a computer technician in Miami. ''This is not what I wanted for him. I don't hate Richard Ausley
---

Really? I hate him and I don't even know him nor was I ever molested by him. Can't believe this guy Andrews doesn't hate him. :frown:

Edit: BTW, wonder who strangled him. Hmmm, lets see, one cell, one roomate? Who could it be? Yup they're having a tough time figuring out this one.

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
It's poorly written? Editors are getting more and more stupid these days.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Too bad for ya. I think anything dealing with crimes against a child deserve such harsh outcomes...Michael Jackson are ya listening? :D

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
As much as this guy was a monster, nobody sentenced him to strangulation in his cell... this is more a portrait of the lack of a rehabilitative nature in our prisions than it is a victory for justice.

-geoff

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
"Ausley's impending release prompted legislators to approve funding last year for a civil commitment program for sexual predators, which allows authorities to hold offenders indefinitely in a secure treatment center after their prison terms end. "

Wouldn't a bullet be cheaper?

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ggavinmoss
As much as this guy was a monster, nobody sentenced him to strangulation in his cell... this is more a portrait of the lack of a rehabilitative nature in our prisions than it is a victory for justice.

-geoff

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: AngryPirate

-geoff

You don't rehabilitate these people, that's the point!

This is NOT the first time he's done time for this kind of behavior.

It will however be the last!

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Brutuskend

-geoff

Just make sure you differentiate between predatory/habitual sex offenders and situational sex offenders. There is a major difference. Still doesnt deserve to die for his crimes though.

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001

-geoff

If the courts felt he should die for his crimes, the courts would have recommended such a sentence. We as a society shouldn't celebrate vigilante justice when it suits our needs and cry out when it doesn't.

-geoff

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002

-geoff
I agree with that, but just in my personal opinion I think for cases like these, screw the trial, screw the jury, screw the prisons, just throw him over the damn cliff. First time offenders, there's always room for doubt, maybe they did it, maybe they didn't, depends on the circumstances. Our legal system is so complex that there's always room for doubt. Scum like these, just get rid of them. The only thing I'm sorry about is that taxpayers had to pay for this guy to sit in jail for over 30 years.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Just because he wasn't sentenced to die doesn't IMO mean he didn't deserve to die.

Things that happen to someone when they are young can and do effect them for life.
Not only does it effect them, but it can, and in many cases does, effect everyone around them.
Some people who are molested become molesters themselves later in life. And so the whole thing keeps repeating itself.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

-geoff

Child molestors and other sexual predators are incorrigible, this is why I advocate either life or capital punishment for this crime...to spare the future victim.

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Just because he wasn't sentenced to die doesn't IMO mean he didn't deserve to die.

Things that happen to someone when they are young can and do effect them for life.
Not only does it effect them, but it can, and in many cases does, effect everyone around them.
Some people who are molested become molesters themselves later in life. And so the whole thing keeps repeating itself.

It's really all relative, isn't it? We all have the right to disagree with the sentencing issued to convicted felons of various sorts, but if we champion taking the matter into our own hands the system breaks down.

I don't want it come across as though I support the child molester, but even those who commit heinous acts are protected by the same laws they're punished by.

-geoff