Conversion Therapy leader comes out of the closet

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh, it's just one blip. I'm sure the movement is still very, very valid...right?

I'd like to see the ultra conservative evangelicals that brush over this as "just one guy against the consensus of important and necessary conversion therapy movement" apply the same reason to their belief that one under-educated, un-publishable scientist is suddenly more correct than thousands of scientists when it comes to the universal consensus on human-driven climate change.

Hell, it would be great to watch them crater in this movement because of this...but my point is that I wouldn't hold my breath. These people are believers, in any and all walks of life. Once they've found that core, or at least "the proper person" to lead them to a different core belief, they hang on and gnaw like pitbulls. No amount of pounding them in the head with observable, honest truth will release them from their death-grip on nonsense belief.

Nov 8, 2012
You also have to wonder if it was all just a scam to funnel young boys his way in what certainly would have been highly abusive relationships.

Valid point as well.

"Bring me the insecure little boys... I will set them straight"....

Mar 11, 2004
Drew Brees is appearing in ads with an organization that pushes this type of shit (and is blatantly anti-LGBTQ). He's also been talking about running for political office after his NFL career.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Will there be refunds?

Is it wrong for me to hope that he never gets laid?

How much self loathing must he have felt?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Will there be refunds?

Is it wrong for me to hope that he never gets laid?

How much self loathing must he have felt?

I actually hope he gets laid a lot -- in a sense, the greatest statement he can make against conversion therapy is to give and receive the love he denied. It won't make up for the trauma imposed on others, but it'd be a good first step.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Not surprising at all... one thing that is consistent about conservatives is that if they are accusing others of something, it's because they themselves are doing it.

I'm wondering if he's getting out of it because he sucked at his job. :D

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

That's what I've been doing since ~2004 when W made that push for the anti-gay marriage amendment as part of his reelection campaign.

Hasn't failed yet.

My favs were the CO megachurch pastor getting caught snorting blow off a gay hooker's ass, and the southern pastor caught vacationing with the "luggage boy" side piece in Italy.

No one gives a shit about this unless you have some repressed feelings you are trying to wish away.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I wonder how often he had sex with his "clients" as part of their "therapy". After all...The goal of the therapy is to present gay sex as disgusting and repulsive.

With these guys, it's usually they either admit failure, or end up being caught with a gay prostitute in some public restroom.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I've always thought that "Gay conversion therapy" was an oddly ambiguous term. Did anyone ever troll them by asking to enroll on the understanding it involved going in the other direction?

• Haha
Reactions: DarthKyrie