Controversial Movie Fitna by Geert Wilders' about the Quran released

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Braznor

I'm bored of explaining of how the cookie crumbles, again and again.

Here is a little clue, let the wise work it out : The problem with Islam is NOT the violent passages in the Quran. The problem with Islam is NOT the terrorists.

Wise?

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Originally posted by: sandorski

Here is a little clue, let the wise work it out : The problem with Islam is NOT the violent passages in the Quran. The problem with Islam is NOT the terrorists.

Wise?

Nothing less will do, sorry.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: magomago
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Beyond releasing rhetoric that any idiot knows isn't sanctioned by the Quran
Bombers can find plenty in the koran to backup what they do. Don't deny that. You can find a lot of harsh things in the old testament as well. Thank God Christians aren't going around cutting people's heads off though to praise Jesus. At its literal core, Islam is intolerant of other religions and seeks to dominate others and convert them or kill and/or enslave those who do not convert. I don't find it very difficult to see how somebody who takes the thing at its word deep in their heart would go and kill a family having an afternoon at the beach. Should we be surprised? Muhammad their prophet was a bandit and brigand himself, so like prophet like zealot.

I agree this film was not spectacular. Didn't really teach me much that I didn't know, but some Muslims are moving to western nations and seeking to poison their new homes with bullsh*t they took from their motherland (which sucked for some reason enough to leave it), including desperate pleading with governments and whining about hate speech/religious intolerance.

If they want to Cherry pick and twist the texts much like this movie did, sure!

I would say at its LITERAL core, Islam is NOT intolerant in the way you imagine. At its literal core, ISLAM believes it follow the true monotheistic tradition and that other religions are corrupted(Again This is talking about something at the core while ignoring everything else that makes it up). I can't claim to know any detail of the old testament, so I won't take that claim because I have no idea if it is being pulled out of context either. I'll leave it to Christians or Jews to discuss that

You will have one hell of a time (unless, again, you twist and ignore passages) proving that the Quran is out to enslave and or kill those who do not convert. Passages CONSTANTLY emphasize that war is defense, passages CONSTANTLY emphasize to show mercy to the enemy is they cease attack, passages CONSTANTLY emphasize that God does not love Aggressors.

But is not Islam is the "Aggressor" in the West, demanding prayer time, foot bathes, special foods in prisons, etc... Demanding people be fined for defaming it, anything that points out is faults be banned and so on literally forcing it self upon the Western world?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Socio
But is not Islam is the "Aggressor" in the West, demanding prayer time, foot bathes, special foods in prisons, etc... Demanding people be fined for defaming it, anything that points out is faults be banned and so on literally forcing it self upon the Western world?

Next thing you know, those uppity Muslims will be demanding national holidays for their holy days too. That'd be horrid. I mean, Christians only have Good Friday, Easter Monday and the Christmas stretch. Don't they know what their place is?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with working out - or even demanding - your employer give you breaks which you may use to pray. I don't believe your employer should be forced to do so, but you are well within your rights to ask.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with asking for foot baths to be installed in areas where demographics show that it'd be utilized.

Special foods in prison? Are you on crack? Are prisoners who adhere to Judaism forced to eat whatever's put in front of them, even if it's full of pig meat and non-kosher? I very much doubt it. Sounds like a rather reasonable thing to request to me.

I'll come out every time against the censorship some Muslims ask the world to partake in, but your issues are plain idiotic. Get a grip.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I have met many pretty awesome muslim folks... peaceful, compassionate, caring, virtuous... they have my deepest respect and regard.

That being said, my mom and dad used to be muslim a while back so I know all too well how a significant portion of muslim think, talk, and plan. There is a whole lot of hatred in Islam. Violence is often glorified. And from what I know, and a ton that my father experienced and heard... there is a sigificant movement in Islam to dominate other peoples and, particularly, western societies.

Islam to me is a two headed religion, like Christianity in many respects, there are genuinely awesome people to be found and there are crazies... what is alarming to me is how many crazies there are in Islam, even in the US.

So I, for one, am not going to cowtow to Muslim folks who say their religion is misunderstood and defamed (and by extension, need to stop 'bashing')... in my opinion it is not true, your religion is defamed by the actions and words of it's own leaders and peoples. E.G. Videos from muslim areas of the world of masses of peoples dancing around and praising Allah when the twin towers were hit (that is beyond disgusting). In my experience and personal knowledge... that is closer to the face and purpose of Islam than the peaceful religion folks in it's sold as in the west. I'm sorry... but I know too much of the talk, and my dad wwwwaaaayyy too much, that goes on behind closed doors in some Islamic gatherings, etc. so I know what a lot of folks really want to go down.

Oh... and women and non muslim peoples are often treated like shit in a lot of muslim societies when they can get away with it... so don't give me that bullshit. Go spend some time in the middle east or northern Africa and you will see for yourself.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Bombers can find plenty in the koran to backup what they do. Don't deny that. You can find a lot of harsh things in the old testament as well. Thank God Christians aren't going around cutting people's heads off though to praise Jesus. At its literal core, Islam is intolerant of other religions and seeks to dominate others and convert them or kill and/or enslave those who do not convert. I don't find it very difficult to see how somebody who takes the thing at its word deep in their heart would go and kill a family having an afternoon at the beach. Should we be surprised? Muhammad their prophet was a bandit and brigand himself, so like prophet like zealot.

I agree this film was not spectacular. Didn't really teach me much that I didn't know, but some Muslims are moving to western nations and seeking to poison their new homes with bullsh*t they took from their motherland (which sucked for some reason enough to leave it), including desperate pleading with governments and whining about hate speech/religious intolerance.

I would say at its LITERAL core, Islam is NOT intolerant in the way you imagine. At its literal core, ISLAM believes it follow the true monotheistic tradition and that other religions are corrupted(Again This is talking about something at the core while ignoring everything else that makes it up). I can't claim to know any detail of the old testament, so I won't take that claim because I have no idea if it is being pulled out of context either. I'll leave it to Christians or Jews to discuss that

You will have one hell of a time (unless, again, you twist and ignore passages) proving that the Quran is out to enslave and or kill those who do not convert. Passages CONSTANTLY emphasize that war is defense, passages CONSTANTLY emphasize to show mercy to the enemy is they cease attack, passages CONSTANTLY emphasize that God does not love Aggressors.

And you guys wonder why the moderates never protest against but defend their own. Here is a shining example.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: JS80

And you guys wonder why the moderates never protest against but defend their own. Here is a shining example.

You have selective memory. There is many a time I've come out against tards who I perceive to be full of sh|t

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
I've only read the title of your post so far, and I bet I can guess what this is. How the HELL did I know you'd be the one to post this sack of crap? Lemme guess, it's a link to Live Leak? *Checks...* OH MY GOD I WAS RIGHT!

I try my hardest to stay away from that website, as of late. It's infested with nationalists, mindless uber-patriots, neo-nazis, mentally ill 14 y/o's and then your type as well.

As a side note, I did watch the video when it was released. Yeah, it's disturbing alright, but I'm not going to help you wage your own fucking jihad.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: miniMUNCH
I have met many pretty awesome muslim folks... peaceful, compassionate, caring, virtuous... they have my deepest respect and regard.

That being said, my mom and dad used to be muslim a while back so I know all too well how a significant portion of muslim think, talk, and plan. There is a whole lot of hatred in Islam. Violence is often glorified. And from what I know, and a ton that my father experienced and heard... there is a sigificant movement in Islam to dominate other peoples and, particularly, western societies.

Islam to me is a two headed religion, like Christianity in many respects, there are genuinely awesome people to be found and there are crazies... what is alarming to me is how many crazies there are in Islam, even in the US.

So I, for one, am not going to cowtow to Muslim folks who say their religion is misunderstood and defamed (and by extension, need to stop 'bashing')... in my opinion it is not true, your religion is defamed by the actions and words of it's own leaders and peoples. E.G. Videos from muslim areas of the world of masses of peoples dancing around and praising Allah when the twin towers were hit (that is beyond disgusting). In my experience and personal knowledge... that is closer to the face and purpose of Islam than the peaceful religion folks in it's sold as in the west. I'm sorry... but I know too much of the talk, and my dad wwwwaaaayyy too much, that goes on behind closed doors in some Islamic gatherings, etc. so I know what a lot of folks really want to go down.

Oh... and women and non muslim peoples are often treated like shit in a lot of muslim societies when they can get away with it... so don't give me that bullshit. Go spend some time in the middle east or northern Africa and you will see for yourself.

If you indeed are from N Africa or the ME then you should also know there is an issue (ie:bad) with certain aspects of the culture there regardless of the actual religion. That has tied into and become justified erroneously through religion. There is a fundamental ISSUE when women are CLEARLY treated (and you don't need a degree in Arabic to understand the nuances of language to pick this up) a thousand times worse than the Quran dictates.

You bring out examples of people celebrating when the WTC was attacked. I, and many others I know did NOT run around going "THANK GOD". In other places Muslims had candle light vigils for those who died in the attack. Are we going to ignore that? Why can we be selective in what we can and can't look at? If you have a group of Muslims who cheer, and a group who doesn't...then its hard to say that those who did cheer did so due to religion.

What is odd is you know MANY great examples of good Muslims who are apparently peaceful compassionate and virtuous, but you also know examples of BAD Muslims who seem to want the death of the west. Doesn't this variation simply show there are some people who are good and some people who are less than virtuous?

As I've said before - and if your parents were once Muslims they will know (I'm assuming some education in Islam) - that the Quran states over and over again that the biggest threat to Muslims are the hypocrites and those who claim the religion but secretly don't practice it. And I do believe that is the biggest issue - because there is too much sh|t going that has little to no relevance in the Quran. Of course the guy who drinks secretly or goes ahead and bangs women isn't going to have a direct impact the way a crazy gets up and decides to start screaming how all his faults are because of the "west" "west" "west" with his victim mentality and that it should be followed up with violence against non Muslims.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski

Wise?

Nothing less will do, sorry.

You're SOL. The true Wise man will see that the answer to your puzzle is not worth Knowing.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Just like Christianity then!

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: yllus

Special foods in prison? Are you on crack? Are prisoners who adhere to Judaism forced to eat whatever's put in front of them, even if it's full of pig meat and non-kosher? I very much doubt it. Sounds like a rather reasonable thing to request to me.

Yes special foods in prision;
Judge orders prison to meet religious diet needs

Tecumseh State Correctional Institution officials and a Muslim inmate are attempting to revise food service at the prison so the inmate can have access to kosher foods.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
The movie got pulled from LiveLeak;

Threats push anti-Qur'an film Fitna offline

The anti-Qur'an film Fitna made by Dutch MP Geert Wilders has once again been removed from LiveLeak, the British website where it was being shown. In its place is an official statement by the website saying the film was removed because of very serious threats to staff. The statement speaks of a sad day for freedom of speech but insists that the safety of the website's staff has to come first.

Chalk up another win for Islam and another loss for freedom.

I believe Qur'an 8:39 says, "And fight them until there is no more fitna and religion is all for Allah..." and boom no more fitna!

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
This s*** is happening and you can not deny it. If muslims do not want to be branded as extremist and terrorists then bring in line these savages that are among you. As it stands the extremists seem to scare moderate muslims as much as non muslims and they don't act to remove this cancer from among them and thus let it spread.

When you see what goes on in the middle east, then you start seeing the same thing begin to happen in your country you have a right to be scared s***less. Scared people do not always act rationally or predictably, Britain may be walking down the path of cowardis with these extremist elements but i will not be surprised if i turn on the news one day and hear that mobs have burned down muslium "no go" areas and slaughtered everyone they could get their hands on, this goes for other countries that have muslims building their own little country within the host country and are spreading their poison.

IMHO THE worst that can happen is the muslim extremists have their way for to long and European countries just snap and start building gas chambers and/or invasion of countries that have fallen to muslim rule. This may sound extreme but history has a way of repeating itself.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Tab
Someone's gotta re-host it...

Yep,

However it looks like movies like that are going to be outlawed anyway soon, in fact the UN has already taken the first step to do just that:

UN OKs Islamic text against defamation

GENEVA - The top U.N. rights body on Thursday passed a resolution proposed by Islamic countries saying it is deeply concerned about the defamation of religions and urging governments to prohibit it.

The European Union said the text was one-sided because it primarily focused on Islam.

The U.N. Human Rights Council, which is dominated by Arab and other Muslim countries, adopted the resolution on a 21-10 vote over the opposition of Europe and Canada.

Yet another win for Islam and another loss for freedom.

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
I just want to point out that the same kind of video could be made about crazies in other religions as well...

The movie is also just plain crappy...

I do think organized religion in general poisons the mind, and is the enemy of the reasoned and rational, and leads to things like 9/11, Suicide bombers of various religons, crusades, Inquisitions and all kinds of terrible crap....

The real war going on isn't in iraq which is about oil and corporate oligarchy...

The war that is going on is one in the mind...(a question of faith or reason) and the struggle can be seen the world over including here.

I for one hope reason wins out...

JMHO on things I may be wrong

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Fitna

It is a 15min documentary that is not for the squeamish and if it does not make your blood boil you are probably not human. It is if nothing else a stark cold reminder why we are in the middle east, it also paints a dim view of Europe's future.

Note: I think the site is getting hammered so it maybe hard to view it right now

What are we doing in the Middle East besides bleeding all over it? I doubt that sacrificial blood is going to achieve anything. What we need is to recall our troops back home to secure our border and then force Islam to convert to our standards.

Any group that cannot condemn violence and cannot avoid imposing against us needs to be dealt with harshly.

I don?t see what bleeding over there has to do with protecting us. If anything it distracts us from what must be done over here.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Michale Savage site has it:

http://www.michaelsavage.com/

Michelle Malkin too

http://michellemalkin.com/

Google Video:

http://video.google.com/videop...&type=search&plindex=3

I found it on bit torrent as well so it looks like it got spread to fast and it is not going away which is good!

There is another one due to be released April 20th as well about The Life of Mohammed;

Second Islam Film: Mohammed as Peadophile

THE HAGUE, 28/03/08 - While the cabinet is losing sleep over MP Geert Wilders' unpublished Koran film, a second film is due out on 20 April. Ehsan Jami plans to launch a cartoon film featuring the Prophet Mohammed as a paedophile.

Jami, born in Iran, announced that his film, The Life of Mohammed, is due for release on 20 April. On TV programme Netwerk, the young politician (22) showed a screen-shot in which the Prophet, with a visible erection, takes a child to a mosque to have sex. On the mosque is a swastika.

The fragment is a reference to the relationship between the prophet and the 9 year old Aisha as described in the Koran, according to Jami. His cartoon portrays all kinds of other perverse and violent verses, he added.

Jami set up a committee last September that aims to encourage leaving Islam and protect apostate Muslims.

I hope it gets released it would be a win for freedom of speech and expression however I doubt it will as Islam seems to have the Western World by the nuts and is making us its puppet.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Fitna

It is a 15min documentary that is not for the squeamish and if it does not make your blood boil you are probably not human. It is if nothing else a stark cold reminder why we are in the middle east, it also paints a dim view of Europe's future.

Note: I think the site is getting hammered so it maybe hard to view it right now

What are we doing in the Middle East besides bleeding all over it? I doubt that sacrificial blood is going to achieve anything. What we need is to recall our troops back home to secure our border and then force Islam to convert to our standards.

Any group that cannot condemn violence and cannot avoid imposing against us needs to be dealt with harshly.

I don?t see what bleeding over there has to do with protecting us. If anything it distracts us from what must be done over here.

It is a catch 22, we can pull the troops, secure the borders, force Islam in the US to 21st century standards and imprison/deport those who seek to use it a catapult of hate and make the US better and safer for all. However by doing that and not taking the fight to it, it will continue to lay siege to the rest of the world and we will eventually end up in a fight to the death with it anyway.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Fitna

It is a catch 22, we can pull the troops, secure the borders, force Islam in the US to 21st century standards and imprison/deport those who seek to use it a catapult of hate and make the US better and safer for all. However by doing that and not taking the fight to it, it will continue to lay siege to the rest of the world and we will eventually end up in a fight to the death with it anyway.

You live in a sad little world.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I hope it gets released it would be a win for freedom of speech and expression

force Islam in the US to 21st century standards and imprison/deport those who seek to use it a catapult of hate and make the US better and safer for all.

It is a catch 22,

I'll say.

After we finish with Islam we'll get started on those who spread hate period, right?
And make the US better and safer for us all.