Continuing Adventures of The Bush Junta: Rumsfeld in trouble for remarks again

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I guess the Bush Junta just doesn't know how to stop. Wouldn't be so bad, if the Junta didn't keep trying to go after all the little fish (defenseless Iraq, poverty-stricken DC, etc.)

=================

Rumsfeld Comments Inspire District's Ire

By Sylvia Moreno
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, June 20, 2003; Page B01

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld has suggested that the homicide rate in Baghdad is lower than that in the nation's capital. Around Washington, those are fighting words.

Mayor Anthony A. Williams and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton declared their own war yesterday against the country's top defense official.

Washington Post Article Link

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Did you miss this part of the article?

"It appears that Rumsfeld did his math, extrapolating the District's number of homicides last year -- 262 in a city of 576,000 residents -- to that of a city the size of Baghdad -- 5.5 million. That's roughly 215 murders a month."

Truth hurts.....

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Did you miss this part of the article?

"It appears that Rumsfeld did his math, extrapolating the District's number of homicides last year -- 262 in a city of 576,000 residents -- to that of a city the size of Baghdad -- 5.5 million. That's roughly 215 murders a month."

Truth hurts.....

Rumsfeld has a habit of speaking the truth. Some people just don't like to hear it

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I guess the Bush Bashers just doesn't know how to stop and determine the facts before they make up their mind.......

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Around Washington, those are fighting words.
They should be fighting words; they need to clean that sh!thole up. The murder rate in the nation's capitol is an embarressment that shouldn't be tolerated.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7
I guess the Bush Bashers just doesn't know how to stop and determine the facts before they make up their mind.......

Facts are meaningless to them.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

What facts were missed exactly? I don't see philly disputing Rumsfields claim anywhere.

....and yes DC is a sh!thole.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
jjones: "They should be fighting words; they need to clean that sh!thole up. The murder rate in the nation's capitol is an embarressment that shouldn't be tolerated."
-------------------------------------------
Where the hell did you come from? Can't you see this issue in partisan terms? Jesus, get with the program. Who gave you a license to think?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
No Doubt the statement is factual. Don't you wonder why. Or why folks in DC find it necessary to kill each other and the Folks in Baghdad only wish to kill Americans.... Should we add the dead US to Baghdad's total or what... Maybe a cruise missle into central DC will get some notice. How about disarm all DC folks... or maybe spend the $ to create the conditions that don't induce violence by reducing the $ spent reducing it elsewhere.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: flavio

What facts were missed exactly? I don't see philly disputing Rumsfields claim anywhere.

....and yes DC is a sh!thole.

His use of the word junta isn't exaclty non partisan.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: HJD1
No Doubt the statement is factual. Don't you wonder why. Or why folks in DC find it necessary to kill each other and the Folks in Baghdad only wish to kill Americans.... Should we add the dead US to Baghdad's total or what... Maybe a cruise missle into central DC will get some notice. How about disarm all DC folks... or maybe spend the $ to create the conditions that don't induce violence by reducing the $ spent reducing it elsewhere.

The implication is its a lie "won't they ever stop", stop what?

They are not only killing Americans, there are plenty of former Baath party members disappearing at night and getting blown away during the day.....

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: HJD1

The implication is its a lie "won't they ever stop", stop what?

They are not only killing Americans, there are plenty of former Baath party members disappearing at night and getting blown away during the day.....

Well the bad guys don't count in the count... sorta like adding up the collaterial damage estimates of the dead... "we took out an entire company of Iraqi republican guard last nite" right... and twenty kids their mothers and a journalist. Not to mention the homes of dozens more. But, that don't count cuz it is collateral.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
You know as well as I the care that was taken to minimize innocent loss of life, never has such an effort been made, never has anyone been as successfull. Remember before the war when 150,000 was considered a conservative estimate?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
You know as well as I the care that was taken to minimize innocent loss of life, never has such an effort been made, never has anyone been as successfull. Remember before the war when 150,000 was considered a conservative estimate?

OK they carefully killed all sorts of non combatants... I'll concede there has never been a more carefull effort made.

150,000 would have been a rather large number of innocent.. you must mean total.. I can't imagine we'd carefully kill that many civilians.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I love how the US government did not want to estimate casualties during the war but now Baghdad homicide statistics are proof of something. I thought troops were confiscating weapons in the city? It's hard to pile up homicide totals using machetes . . . except in the Congo . . .

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
I love how the US government did not want to estimate casualties during the war but now Baghdad homicide statistics are proof of something. I thought troops were confiscating weapons in the city? It's hard to pile up homicide totals using machetes . . . except in the Congo . . .

When the world complains that the US is not a true peace keeper we can point to DC and show them what is acceptable in our corner of the world and for them to be gratefull...

Besides, the Iraqi's hide stuff real well.. so I'm told.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm sure that if the people in DC and the Congo weren't the same color as oil and also owned some we'd reduce that murder rate too.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
So it seems that the Iraqi's are less violent than the people in Washington. What's the fuss? We knew that already.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Come to think of it . . . who isn't less violent than DC . . . Detroit, South Philly, South Central LA? Why not compare Baghdad to Basra . . . oh I know . . . Basra isn't chaotic or run by US fiat.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: jjones
Around Washington, those are fighting words.
They should be fighting words; they need to clean that sh!thole up. The murder rate in the nation's capitol is an embarressment that shouldn't be tolerated.

It's a fact that gun violence in Washington DC happens to (mostly) young black males. Th government doesn't do anything about it, because white people aren't effected. But if they were... Oh boy watch out! The US government would declare a state of emergency and would send out the f*ckin army to end the gun violence against white America.

And I'll play the race card... You guys don't care or understand the plight of the nations minorities because most forum posters are white. And might I add some here are probably racist. They just play it off... :|

Some of the people that post on this forum truly disguist me.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Some of the people that post on this forum truly disguist me.
I agree with much of your post but . . . damn dude you need a hug.

lol... I just got done a midnight shift and I'm in a nasty mood. I'm tired, hungry and pissed off because I need sleep.

*yawn*

btw.. most of the forum users who post are intelligent, caring and sensitive people. It's the certain view that are borderline racist and you can tell because their post is tainted with racist remarks.

just my opinion... :heart:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Com,mon tec669, I played the race card afore you did. Get off my soap box, man.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I'm sure that if the people in DC and the Congo weren't the same color as oil and also owned some we'd reduce that murder rate too.

We as a people are all too willing to destroy in the hope of satisfying some insane internal need.

The master once asked his student, "Of all the creatures on earth which is the most violent?" the student ponder this for hours and upon finding an answer that he though would impress the master said "We are, master." The master quickly responded, "does not the lion and tiger kill an approaching rival or even the young of its beaten opponent?" "Yes, master" the student responded, "but we know better." the master smiled! (hjd7989)