Contact Lenses

Panakk

Jan 17, 2000
What is the best brand.. Saw on an add that Acuvue gives 20/16 vision.. How true is this?? Where do you guys normally buy your lenses??

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
There doesn't appear to be a "best" brand. The brand you get usuallyd epends on your requirements. I need Toric lenses since I have astigmatism which limits my selection to about 1/2 the brands. I am further limited because I am allergic to the preservative Thimerosal. For ordering lenses, just about any of the major online companies will do. I usually goto LensExpress. They sometimes have coupons and stuff to make them less expensive.

Windogg

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
The vision that you get is normally dependent on the description right?

Accuvue or Accuvue 2? Supposedly Accuvue 2 is better...

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
A lot of companies use the same lenses but with there own &quot;name,&quot; same as how 95% of gasoline is all filtered through the same pipeline and is bought and sold as a particular brand (Only one company that I know of, Amaco, does anything special to there gas outside of the generic additives the other companies use) or with presciption medicine and generics.

To answer your question, &quot;Accuvue&quot; is one of the better brands.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
I use Accuview 2, but my vision is only 20/25 or 20/30 or something with them on. I have astimatism, and they don't correct for them. Still better than wearing those goofy ass torric lenses though, which are big, clumsy, and supposed to last you a year but break in 2 months.

Tracer

Oct 9, 1999
If you have an astigmatism check out the new acuvue toric lenses. You change them every 2 weeks, and feel great. So much better then those yearly or monthly ones that are thick and break.