Rant Conspiracy theories/ Random thoughts -- Post your whackiest beliefs in here that no one agrees with WITHOUT REGRETS!

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
qm1qc3dgwqkc1.jpeg

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
The covid tests are no longer working half of the time, sometimes testing negative when people actually have covid, and the doctors know it. They are now handing out Paxlovid prescriptions based on negative tests for other diseases, presenting symptoms, and exposure factors.

source:
anecdotal evidence, odd comments from doctors, information I am getting back from people now that I am "the spreader".

PROVE ME WRONG!

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I think all the right wing pundits & hosts are secretly closeted gay!

I think Mayor Adams is a right winger pretending to be a democrat!

I think we ought to boycott more stores & chains that donate to right wingers!

Wars in this century won't be fought over gasoline but over water and food!

And I think Republicans are now at the point where they don't want any sort of functional government anymore.. they want anarchy and a strongman leader..
Those things by and large are hardly controversial. I would not argue with any of them.

Reactions: Indus and hal2kilo

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I remembered another one:

Time travel exists (or will, at least), but given that the earth, our star, and our galaxy are in constant motion, no matter when you pop out you're either inside earth or another object (very unlikely) or somewhere floating in space.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Gendered toilets were invented by big toilet to sell more toilets.
Won't be long before we're all mandated to have specifically gendered bathrooms put into our homes along with a government-provided genital verification device!

Reactions: Leeea

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Won't be long before we're all mandated to have specifically gendered bathrooms put into our homes along with a government-provided genital verification device!
"Pull down your pants! Aha, I thought so, book (he, she, they, it)."

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Or the tests (home ones) have expired. Either one is not too surprising.
The ones at the urgent care are not working reliability either!

It is not expired tests or at home tests. And it is not the test, it is the person. If the home one fails with a person it seems the urgent care cannot detect that person.

This is super useful, because normally urgent care will not test for covid or give covid prescriptions around here. But failing the home test means the person can go to urgent care, tell them they failed their covid test but they are sick and get both a covid diagnoses and a prescription. They just have to endure 3 hours of freezing in urgent care running everything else on them first. If you do this take a blanket. Prepare to be swapped and throated. It is going to be unpleasant.

But if the home test works with a person, any test will consistently work with that person. Then that person needs to get their primary care to do the prescription. For some of us that is really quick. But some people have lame doctors.

-GOOGLY EYES-
-BLACK HELICOPTERS-

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse