Rant Conspiracy theories/ Crazy thoughts -- Post your whackiest beliefs in here that no one agrees with WITHOUT REGRETS!

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Nikki Haley might be the worst potus candidate in the last 20 odd years.

Wrong talking points, wrong stances, wrong reading of voters, wrong party and basically parroting off billionaire wall street donor commandments!
She is in the correct party. She absolutely supports the remaking of American into a rightwing theocracy and if Trump wasn't running she might have a shot with that party's voters.

I get so sick and tired of the media calling her a "moderate". The only real policy difference between her and Trump is she doesn't believe Biden "stole" the 2020 election. She isn't a moderate.

I wish politics coverage would go back to covering what candidates believe instead of the horse race.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Seriously though, one - I am sure we can all gr0k the math, gyroscope precession and what not.
This is where it falls apart from me; imagine the individual atoms, molecular bonds, put them in motion and for the life of me I cant figure out why the outer most atom should give two shits about rotational speed in any axis perpendicular to my existence. Obey gravity bitch. But nooo... Conservation of momentum so fuck you. Explain to me what forces are working on that outermost atom that cancels out gravity? Gravity is a shortest path a to b kind of force, cant be fucked with. Yet. Here we are. AND YES, I can do the math, I cant identify with that fucking atom though.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Seriously though, one - I am sure we can all gr0k the math, gyroscope precession and what not.
This is where it falls apart from me; imagine the individual atoms, molecular bonds, put them in motion and for the life of me I cant figure out why the outer most atom should give two shits about rotational speed in any axis perpendicular to my existence. Obey gravity bitch. But nooo... Conservation of momentum so fuck you. Explain to me what forces are working on that outermost atom that cancels out gravity? Gravity is a shortest path a to b kind of force, cant be fucked with. Yet. Here we are. AND YES, I can do the math, I cant identify with that fucking atom though.
My reply would be that gravity depends on mass, the co-efficient of gravity, IIRC, means everything with mass applies a force towards each other.
Atoms, being as small as they are, especially the outer rings of the electron or proton, over come the co-efficient of gravity by the molecular bond.

Now this is two drinks deep and I haven't been in a Physics class in 29ish years, I may have some terminology wrong, but I think the gist of the point is there.

Kinda like surface tension of water, why do some things not break that barrier. Not talking buoyancy either.

Mar 11, 2004
That while everyone is being duped with all the circus about daylight savings time, the Awful Secret Society Harming Our Lives Epoch Standard pulled off the single greatest fuck you. If we had 13 months, they'd all be able to have exactly 28 days.

The 13th month was all vacation. So they ran a campaign to make 13 "unlucky" so that they could do away with it and enslave us to the mighty 12 month pscychle!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
My conspiracy, Sabine has it all figured out and is just easing us into reality

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Miller could very well be an actual Nazi. I certainly wouldn't put it past him to collect Nazi memorabilia, dress up in Nazi uniform and listen to recordings of Hitler's 'finest' speeches.

He’s also one of those people that looks exactly like you would imagine he would look like simply by knowing his politics.
Uh, isn't he Jewish?