Conservatives riled as federal judge launches a blistering attack on Chief Justice John Roberts for ‘undermining democracy’

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Are they upset SCOTUS attacked or that income inequality is being attacked?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
WTH. I'm in Milwaukee and haven't even heard this yet.
Oh man, the Trump humpers that camp out on the Journal Sentinel Facebook page are going to lose their minds on this article (they truly are an insufferable bunch)

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's an opinion piece, why get worked up over it?
Trump is a threat to the human race. Why would I get worked up over it. Maybe because I happen to believe my opinion is right and when I read somebody else who has the same opinion I do that points out some other hideous evil I get worked up over it. I'll feel much better when the Republican party is dead since they are a bunch of filthy traitors. I hate people who cause others pain and misery and it makes me wish they were dead. Other than that, however, I am pretty calm.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Trump is a threat to the human race. Why would I get worked up over it. Maybe because I happen to believe my opinion is right and when I read somebody else who has the same opinion I do that points out some other hideous evil I get worked up over it. I'll feel much better when the Republican party is dead since they are a bunch of filthy traitors. I hate people who cause others pain and misery and it makes me wish they were dead. Other than that, however, I am pretty calm.

"it makes me wish they were dead"

Pretty evil to wish someone was dead isn't it?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Conservatives are in a constant state of victimhood, not shocking they would melt again.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I don't see your brand of hate as being any better than Trump's.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't see your brand of hate as being any better than Trump's.
Long ago I identified the fact that I hated myself for the evil wishes I have and was in a state of deep denial that I had them. The result was that I could explode suddenly in violent rage and act out to hurt people. But what, me, I'm an angel. In order to achieve this level of insight I had to accept that all of the conditioning that I have been subjected to, all the threats and fear that rage must never see the light of day, had failed and I was simply a piece of shit just as you imply by comparing me to Trump. I am a monster full of hatred and nothing at all like normal people. And all that letting go and feeling that rage has had some hidden benefits. For one thing 'I ams what I ams' and more in touch with my self, and I even know now, from those times I have gone with my real feelings what my rage is really about.

So forgive me if I say, your moral condemnation means little to me. The contempt that I have had for myself makes yours pale in comparison. The thing about knowing what you feel and allowing it to be is that you don't then need to act out. So again for a man whose mental illness threatens all of mankind, my wish that he and his ilk would die is a wish about which I am quite calm and unalarmed. I no longer attribute to my wishes any power in the real world and am guilty of nothing for feeling that way.

But thank you anyway. I know all to well the suspicions we have of others when we have no idea we project our own hatred on them. You would be quite safe around were you to be around me, physically at least. ;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So Moonbeam is now a victim?
Objectively, we are all victims of the madness of the Republican party. That is simply a fact. People who suffer from victim mentality blame others for their predicaments. This is the childish, not the mature way to face reality. I can't blame you for anything because you are asleep. This is why, in the Christian religion Jesus said, dying on the cross, Father forgive them for they know not what they do. How could you be different, you never heard the Good News and your self hate would force you away.
To forgive is to die to the ego and nobody wants to do that. It means seeing we are already dead, naturally in a spiritually sense.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
if a conservative justice had written this but instead of condemning the Court, wrote about it glowingly, they'd love this. this is literally stuff they've been crowing about.