Conservative Hypocracy about Entitlements

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
you will get massive blow back from the very farmers this whole thing is trying to help. Conservatives dont care about illegals. If they did they would make it illegal to hire them. If it was a felony to hire a migrant worker then few would do it and we wouldnt have this ""problem"

The reality is the human being is the perfect fruit and vegetable picker for about 20k years now and people want a bag of oranges for $3 not $25.

prices start to get higher someone will invent a machine to make it cheap again.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
prices start to get higher someone will invent a machine to make it cheap again.

easier said then done. If you want high quality then you need more then a machine. Go buy a bottle of 2 buck chuck and then get a bottle of Plumpjack oakville cabernet and taste the difference between man and machine.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I know, you are saddened that these aren't Americans:
o-FEMALE-FARMWORKERS-facebook.jpg
I'm sad that my tax money goes to lazy Americans who would rather take that entitlement money then to go get a job.

But again at least you admitted that entitlements are a fraud and abundant in this country. Your words.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
And you're happy that they're brown people, Shortbus-Special Senseamp.

I am happy that someone is there putting food on the American people's tables.
I know you sustain yourself on right wing propaganda, but the rest of us need our fruits and vegetables.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'm sad that my tax money goes to lazy Americans who would rather take that entitlement money then to go get a job.

But again at least you admitted that entitlements are a fraud and abundant in this country. Your words.

So its the lazy Americans fault that migrant/illegals are working in the country?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I am happy that someone is there putting food on the American people's tables.
I know you sustain yourself on right wing propaganda, but the rest of us need our fruits and vegetables.

Don't forget about the healthy portion of bullshit you consume.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Read your buddies post at #95

yeah sure. But you know the rich will continue to feed the poor right? I mean they make the poor workers hate the poor non workers because its easier to manage the people if they are separate.

You see hungry people cant be controlled and in the end the hungry poor would out number the rich 40 to 1. What they don't want is to repeat the rich of the past mistake:

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Causes_of_the_French_Revolution#Hunger

so they will always feed the poor. Not good healthy food mind you. But enough to make sure they dont revolt.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
yeah sure. But you know the rich will continue to feed the poor right? I mean they make the poor workers hate the poor non workers because its easier to manage the people if they are separate.

You see hungry people cant be controlled and in the end the hungry poor would out number the rich 40 to 1. What they don't want is to repeat the rich of the past mistake:

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Causes_of_the_French_Revolution#Hunger

so they will always feed the poor. Not good healthy food mind you. But enough to make sure they dont revolt.
I'm not rich, they will not come after me, why is it my problem to keep them fed? By all means let them go after the rich. If the rich want to stop them from coming with torches they can donate a bunch of their money to soup kitchens and back on your feet programs. Personal welfare, corporate welfare, not gonna get be sobbing over either one. Help people who try to help themselves is all I care about.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'm not rich, they will not come after me, why is it my problem to keep them fed? By all means let them go after the rich. If the rich want to stop them from coming with torches they can donate a bunch of their money to soup kitchens and back on your feet programs. Personal welfare, corporate welfare, not gonna get be sobbing over either one. Help people who try to help themselves is all I care about.

thats not a very moderate position. Libertarian yes but not moderate.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
you will get massive blow back from the very farmers this whole thing is trying to help. Conservatives dont care about illegals. If they did they would make it illegal to hire them. If it was a felony to hire a migrant worker then few would do it and we wouldnt have this ""problem"

The reality is the human being is the perfect fruit and vegetable picker for about 20k years now and people want a bag of oranges for $3 not $25.

Please :rolleyes:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324a

Title 8 U.S.C. § 1324a(a)(1)(A) makes it unlawful for any person or other entity to hire, recruit, or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an alien knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien, as defined in subsection 1324a(h)(3).

Subsection 1324a(2) makes it unlawful for any person or entity, after hiring an alien for employment, to continue to employ the alien in the United States knowing the alien is or has become an unauthorized alien with respect to such employment.

Subsection 1324a(f) provides that any person or entity that engages in a "pattern or practice" of violations of subsection (a)(1)(A) or (a)(2) shall be fined not more than $3000 for each unauthorized alien with respect to whom such a violation occurs, imprisoned for not more than six months for the entire pattern or practice, or both.
http://www.mikebakerlaw.com/employer_sanctions.html

BTW: You'd look less like an obvious partisan jackass if you had done a simple google search. The above laws against employing illegals were passed under Repub administrations.

Your (factually incorrect) complaints against "conservatives" are all the more ridiculous given the actions of this admin and the policies promoted by Democrats.

Fern

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
you know that doesnt work. If the guy shows up with a fake id you have done your due diligence in filling out the i-9 and you are no longer responsible. In other words this has no teeth.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Get with it Fern. Employers should be running DNA tests to find out complete ancestry back seven generations, then tracing lineage to place of birth. If they're not, it's the Republicans fault.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Please :rolleyes:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324a

http://www.mikebakerlaw.com/employer_sanctions.html

BTW: You'd look like like an obvious partisan jackass if you had done a simple google search. The above laws against employing illegals were passed under Repub administrations.

Your (factually incorrect) complaints against "conservatives" are all the more ridiculous given the actions of this admin and the policies promoted by Democrats.

Fern

A fine of $3K doesn't have any teeth because they probably saved that in less than a year of wages paid to the illegal. And IF they actually jailed them it would probably not be a problem anymore. Start jailing these employers and watch the problem drop drastically...like that'll ever happen.

Last edited: