Conservative Group Rants About Same-Sex Kiss At Macy’s Parade

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The general objection to homosexuality is that it is perverted, which is to say an alteration or corruption of something from its original purpose.

Human sexuality's primary purpose is reproduction, just as the primary purpose of eating is nourishment. Both have pleasure as secondary purposes, and to put the secondary before the primary is, by definition, a perversion.

Therefore to simply state your opponent's argument then declare it bigotry doesnt really amount to anything other than insulting in lieu of refutal.

It's weird to me that someone like you exists on this planet.

Truly strange.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
If THIS is all conservatives have to gripe about, they must think everything else is pretty damn terrific under their fuhrer Donald trump.

Or... they'd rather we talk about this INSTEAD of fuhrer Donald Trump.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
It's weird to me that someone like you exists on this planet.

Truly strange.

Here I thought the biological purpose of sex was to procreate and that the attraction to someone along with the pleasure of having sex drives a person to engage in it. This might explain why there are so many incels out there. As far as food goes, if I'm not enjoying it then I'm not eating it, nutrition be damned.

I'm guessing that he eats anything nutritious that ends up on his plate and he only has sex when he thinks of making babies. What a sucky existence.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm guessing that he eats anything nutritious that ends up on his plate and he only has sex when he thinks of making babies. What a sucky existence.

Thats why people with those beliefs get so cross about other people having fun!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
When I was 19(1984) I attended a French Immersion program. At the same time there was an English Immersion program where many Japanese and Quebecois(the programs were in Canada) attended. Imagine my shock when one of the Quebecois dudes had a Birthday and all the other Males and Females gave that dude a kiss on the lips. :eek: "Same Sex" had no context in that, it was merely a Cultural practice. There was no "perversion" in it. It was odd to me simply because kissing anyone past the age of 10ish was reserved for bf/gf or Husband/Wife relationships.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
By that definition hetero sex which isn't done strictly for purposes of reproduction is every bit as "perverted." If you've ever had sex with a woman, for purposes of pleasure alone and with no intention of inducing conception, then you're a pervert. That would include even with your wife. You've said here that taking pleasure in it is OK if that is a secondary benefit of the act, but the "primary" purpose must be reproduction. That would rule out, for example, having sex with your wife when you know she isn't ovulating, because that would be for pleasure alone.

If that is their view of sex for pleasure, then they need to be consistent. A kiss alone is not necessarily sexual in nature, but if the theory is that a kiss can be sexually pleasurable in and of itself, and I agree it can be, then they need to condemn it wherever they see it in public, because obviously a kiss in public is extremely unlikely to lead to reproductive intercourse.

These people are condemning this because they don't like gays and lesbians. They don't have any justification for this . In this case, there isn't even a biblical prohibition because the Bible says nothing about relations between women. So who are they to decide for everyone else that sex for pleasure alone is bad, much less to apply the principle selectively to only one class of people who are doing it? For crying out loud, women are only fertile at most 7 days out of every month, and not at all after menopause. The vast majority of hetero sex which occurs in this world is done for pleasure and pleasure alone, where the participants know there is no chance of conception.

You're torturing logic and reality to justify the bigotry of others. Disgusting.

I said procreation was the primary purpose of sex, not the sole purpose.

If it's not, then what would you say is the purpose of sex?

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014

If you're asking that question then you've gotta to be a virgin. If that's the case then my advice is to get laid. If that's not the case, you have my condolences.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I don't know if it was last year or the year before, but Victoria Secret had a HUGE billboard on the corner down the street and you could see it in nearly every shot of the parade. I didn't mind it too much, but I was thinking there would be some puritanical backlash about it.

Feb 16, 2005
The general objection to homosexuality is that it is perverted, which is to say an alteration or corruption of something from its original purpose.

Human sexuality's primary purpose is reproduction, just as the primary purpose of eating is nourishment. Both have pleasure as secondary purposes, and to put the secondary before the primary is, by definition, a perversion.

Therefore to simply state your opponent's argument then declare it bigotry doesnt really amount to anything other than insulting in lieu of refutal.
you're a fucking idiot, also a fucking poseur.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
To be frank, I find your lifestyle disgusting. I don't have a problem with your living it, but I would prefer not to hear about it nor see it. Keep your bizarre thinking to yourself, please.

I swear this guy flagellates himself at night to whip the perverted demons out of his heart. They keep coming back, though. Must be tough.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

You said procreation is the "primary purpose," and that all other instances of sex without procreation can only be perversion.

...CAN ONLY BE PERVERSION

So, 98.98% of instances of human sexual activity on this planet are perversion. Which you classify as, basically, homosexuality. Your stupid fell apart before the period ended your sentence.

Just, stop. Seriously: stop.

Reactions: whm1974

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

So you really think that when some high school senior is trying to pop the prom queen's cherry, they are actually planning a family?

I guess it's a safe bet you never got laid in high school.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
So you really think that when some high school senior is trying to pop the prom queen's cherry, they are actually planning a family?

I guess it's a safe bet you never got laid in high school.
Ha ha. Given how strong the human sex drive is, especially during the teens and early 20's I would say most families started out unplanned.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Ha ha. Given how strong the human sex drive is, especially during the teens and early 20's I would say most families started out unplanned.

Those are called "accidents" or "oops" situations.

Following his thinking to its illogical conclusion, Biff was actually trying to knock up Betty Sue, when he got here in the backseat of his Lincoln.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Dsna0HnU0AA0tCf.jpg:large
Looking at the picture more closely, I'm more concerned about the attire than the kiss. Black tux, blue pants, gold tennies, and no socks! Seriously, even guys dress better than that.