Conservative group links Iraq war to OIL

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Wonder why the are so adamant and fighting to keep this "energy" meeting so secret?

Text

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Zebo
Wonder why the are so adamant and fighting to keep this "energy" meeting so secret?

Text

I'll tell you why. Like vampires a little sunlight on this administration will destroy them all.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Text

Well Cheney also had infrastructure maps of other oil producing countries. I guess we will invade those later? Also is it wrong to know about the infrastrcture of an oil producing country if we are buying oil from them?

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
"Well Cheney also had infrastructure maps of other oil producing countries. I guess we will invade those later? Also is it wrong to know about the infrastrcture of an oil producing country if we are buying oil from them? "

I think that should read, " Is it wrong to know about the infrastructure of an oil producing country if we are going to invade, so we won't be blowing up what we've come to get? "

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: conehead433
"Well Cheney also had infrastructure maps of other oil producing countries. I guess we will invade those later? Also is it wrong to know about the infrastrcture of an oil producing country if we are buying oil from them? "

I think that should read, " Is it wrong to know about the infrastructure of an oil producing country if we are going to invade, so we won't be blowing up what we've come to get? "

I guess that is why you were not of a national energy plan. Transporting the amount of oil we use is no small logisitical problem.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Yes, I, along with Judicial Watch (a conservative legal charity) oppose government secrecy. Wow, did I just agree with the conservatives?? Holy ... :Q

Judicial Watch isn't claiming that the documents are proof of any particular intent but says they should be open to public scrutiny. Mr Fitton said: "Opponents of the war will point to the documents as evidence that the Bush administration was after Iraqi oil. Supporters will say the energy task force would have been remiss if it did not take Iraq's oil into account."

Nevertheless, the documents represent a surprising development. Until now it had been assumed that the US government was stonewalling over the energy task force papers because they would show the extent to which major party benefactors, including Enron, effectively wrote national energy policy. Judicial Watch and other watchdogs are now curious what else may be revealed.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Yes, I, along with Judicial Watch (a conservative legal charity) oppose government secrecy. Wow, did I just agree with the conservatives?? Holy ... :Q

Judicial Watch isn't claiming that the documents are proof of any particular intent but says they should be open to public scrutiny. Mr Fitton said: "Opponents of the war will point to the documents as evidence that the Bush administration was after Iraqi oil. Supporters will say the energy task force would have been remiss if it did not take Iraq's oil into account."

Nevertheless, the documents represent a surprising development. Until now it had been assumed that the US government was stonewalling over the energy task force papers because they would show the extent to which major party benefactors, including Enron, effectively wrote national energy policy. Judicial Watch and other watchdogs are now curious what else may be revealed.

I will agree that goverment secrecy can be bad. If non-disclosures were signed, those should be available. All other documents should be available as well.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Just another piece of circumstantial Charrison. I just found it interesting the witch hunting Vince Foster group would be so concerned about digging this up. Perhaps even the National Review and Buckley himself will admit Bushs' betrail after he out of office, I afraid we'll be waiting another 4 more years for that one though...

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: charrison

Text

Well Cheney also had infrastructure maps of other oil producing countries. I guess we will invade those later? Also is it wrong to know about the infrastrcture of an oil producing country if we are buying oil from them?

So "Mr Cheney has fought the release of the documents at every stage" why?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: flavio

Text

Same reason the fight to keep all 911 trials secret and all captives held in this country secret they are anti-democracy and against truth, justice and the american way. Don't file your taxes next year and see what Reagan did to sieze everything you own without due process. Basically thier aim is to become a dictictorial regime like so many they support and uphold.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: flavio

Text

That i cant tell you. Were there nondiscosure conversations? IF there were i would not be surprised. IF there were non disclosures, these should be made available.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
After reading this, I think all my outrage is spent. What Cheney has done... is simply beyond criminal.

I'm just in complete "shock and awe" with what this administration has done. I daresay this is ten times worst than Watergate scandal, that was abuse of power. This is greed, corruption, deception, all in the name of black gold using the cover of 9/11.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
After reading this, I think all my outrage is spent. What Cheney has done... is simply beyond criminal.

I'm just in complete "shock and awe" with what this administration has done. I daresay this is ten times worst than Watergate scandal, that was abuse of power. This is greed, corruption, deception, all in the name of black gold using the cover of 9/11.

You don't even know what the real truth is yet and you are saying that it is ten times worse than watergate?

Please spare us the rhetoric.

If Cheney did something wrong - he will be held accountable. Up until this point it is only speculation. As with all the other speculative accusations thrown at this admin by the left, this one will most likely miss target too. (IMO ;) )

CkG

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You suppose that it is like the accusations that Dan Burton made every day of his hearings and none came to be true?

Bleep

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
If Cheney did something wrong - he will be held accountable.

When? Who is going to be holding him to account, the republican congress? Tom DeLay? Orin Hatch?

You begin with an investigation when it is assumed wrong has been done. If Cheney has nothing to hide, why hide it?

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

You don't even know what the real truth is yet and you are saying that it is ten times worse than watergate?

If Cheney did something wrong - he will be held accountable. Up until this point it is only speculation. As with all the other speculative accusations thrown at this admin by the left, this one will most likely miss target too. (IMO ;) )

CkG

you make it seem like making speculative accusations is somehow wrong. if the administration did do something wrong, do you they think they'd be parading it around washington? it's up to people to yes, make some speculative accusations and if it turns out that there is evidence for it, then continue further. if you get stonewalled, then you know that you've really hit something. what would this world be without some nut speculating about something that seems crazy but ends up turning out to be the truth.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: drewshin

CkG

you make it seem like making speculative accusations is somehow wrong. if the administration did do something wrong, do you they think they'd be parading it around washington? it's up to people to yes, make some speculative accusations and if it turns out that there is evidence for it, then continue further. if you get stonewalled, then you know that you've really hit something. what would this world be without some nut speculating about something that seems crazy but ends up turning out to be the truth.

What sMiLeYz posted is not speculative in anyway. He posted his outrage about what is still speculation.

You should be able to tell the difference.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: drewshin

CkG

I don't think I said you couldn't speculate or even investigate. But IMO this one will miss the target as have many of the accusations against this Admin. I don't believe I said that it shouldn't be investigated either. You make some pretty hefty conclusions based on you bias against me. There is plenty wrong with this Admin, but IMO the left is going after all of the wrong issues. The ones they should (IMO) go after them on are unfortunately partially their fault. But whatever, live with your hate - doesn't affect me much.

Oh, and to the "stonewall" comment and the implied "guilt" in hiding info...well...I guess I can't say it because it was in the past so we can't discuss it here
rolleye.gif

CkG