Consequences of Legalization according to Illinois

Feb 16, 2005
Those poor dogs in Colorado, Washington, California, Massachusetts, Oregon, Nevada, Alaska and Maine (to be continued...)

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
lol what a load of bullshit.

"Marijuana advocates are skeptical about the threat. "The idea that legalizing for adults to have an ounce on them will equal ... all these dogs being euthanized, that seems kind of ridiculous and hyperbolic," the executive director of the advocacy group NORML, Dan Linn, told The Pantagraph. Petrilli likewise said the dogs would likely continue to live with their handlers in retirement, and in states where the drug has already been legalized, some K-9s have simply been retrained to ignore the (much more frequent) whiffs of pot. Read the full report about what is to become of the police dogs at The Pantagraph."

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm sure the dogs will keep busy with items like heroine, meth, and cocaine. No problem found.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Maybe they can pick themselves up by the bootstraps, go back to school and learn to detect more dangerous drugs.

Reactions: UNCjigga

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
The truth of the matter is this power tripping POS is going to likely lose his gun and his badge from downsizing and now he's acting like a 3 year old threatening to kill dogs.

I say legalize weed or...

plot11.jpg

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Total bullshit. We're probably going to legalize next year.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I guess the rational thing to do is to hire no more dogs, wait until all the current dogs are dead and then legalize marijuana for human consumption.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
http://theweek.com/speedreads/77190...ijuana-legalized-theyll-have-kill-police-dogs

They're gonna euthanize a number of their sniffer dogs....smh

'The training director of a police K-9 academy in Illinois claims that if the state legalizes recreational marijuana, it will likely have to euthanize "a number" of its pot-sniffing dogs, The Pantagraph reports.'

This has to be about the dumbest argument I've ever seen against legalization. Next up: If we throw less people in jail for pot we'll have to kill the guards we don't need anymore. Won't someone think of the guards and their families?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yet another standard example of conservative logic.

Yeah it's pretty gross. I won't necessarily label it conservative logic, but I agree there is a big differential especially under Trump in weaponizing these leaps of logic. Some people are certainly intentionally copying Trump's tactics because they have worked to mobilize a large group of people. The net effect, of course, is that the Republican party alienates people they need to stay in power and the effectiveness of governance overall suffers greatly. But for the individual Republican politician, they always have more to gain by being Trumpish. Prisoner's dilemmas are intriguing, but this one is not good for the country.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
This has to be about the dumbest argument I've ever seen against legalization. Next up: If we throw less people in jail for pot we'll have to kill the guards we don't need anymore. Won't someone think of the guards and their families?

Democrats should have used this this logic when debating Obamacare repeal. What are going to do with all of those nurses and doctors that will be unemployed? I guess we'll just have to kill them. Won't somebody think of the nurses!