• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Connections with crooked LAPD cops to Biggie/2pac murders...

stonerdave

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2000
just watched a segment on pbs about corrupted cops in Los Angeles. great story, not just about the rappers' slayings but the details about the crooked cops being charged, it almost seems like a page out of a movie script (well, great story if you have a ton of time to kill...)

new yorker article, long read but sets the pace for the pbs stories

pbs link

to summarize, frank lyga, an undercover cop, shot and killed kevin gaines (ironically, also an LA cop who was off-duty at the time) in a road-rage incident. after intense criticism on lyga, an investigation into gaines led to his ties with death row records, and fellow LA cops David Mack and Ray Perez. both officers seemed to be 'living larger' than what they're paystubs should've afforded (new bmw's, $1K restaurant bills at Death Row hang-outs, vacation homes).

well, there's a ton of info at the pbs site, make sure you also see the cast of characters in the story.

snakesnfrogs

Banned
Mar 1, 2001
good god---I just finished reading the New Yorker article. Our society is PLUMMETING into the depths of hell. And you can bet that a lot of the same stuff is happening in almost every major city in the country---it just hasn't been uncovered yet.

jacobnero6918

Sep 30, 2000
I watched that tonight, very good piece. I'm definitly worried that cops can go bad and that those bad cops are so willing to take other cops with them whether the guilty or not.

ASK THE COMMUNITY