Connecting to Wired Network long wait

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by Nomercy1, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Nomercy1

Nomercy1 Member

Hey everyone, Having a weird issue pop up as of late. When i log into windows the network connection just does its blue circle thing, nothing happens for about 20 - 30 seconds. During this time i can open up windows explorer but thats just about it. Any other program or window i try and open during that time period doesnt load until the connection is made. Pretty strange started out of nowhere. Did a fresh install of windows about a month ago and didnt have this problem till just last week. Nothing has changed as far as router or internet configuration. At a loss really at this point.

And it is a wired connection, no other PC's on the network are expiriencing this. And there is no sharing setup between the pc's

2. Loading...

3. denis280

denis280 Diamond Member

when you say a fresh install.did you install the drivers using windows update.or with the one from the manufacture cd or site.

4. AnonymouseUser

AnonymouseUser Diamond Member

Assuming you're using DHCP, try static IP and see if that helps. Rebooting the router might help if it is a DHCP issue.

You may even have a bad cable between your PC and router.

5. Nomercy1

Nomercy1 Member

Windows update

6. Nomercy1

Nomercy1 Member

Thanks going to mess with that now hopefully fix, its painful to boot up so fast with a SSD just to wait 30 sec cause of the network