connecting samsung NC10 netbook to a TV

Discussion in 'Video Cards and Graphics' started by fusion5ny, Jan 26, 2009.

1. fusion5ny

fusion5ny Member

i recently bought a vga to RGB component cable from ebay (link below) to try to connect the nc10 to a tv to watch movie and such on it....however, it doesn't work

//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120357283489

i am wondering if anyone can explain to me why it doesn't work, it seems like it should...is there any drivers/hacks i can download to make it? and most importantly, has anyone successfully connected their nc10 to a tv (excluding of course vga to vga monitor input which most older tvs dont have)? i tried sony wega crt tv and panasonic viera hdtv and both didnt work

please any help appreciated, thank u

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - connecting samsung NC10 Forum Date
    Stop Windows thinking there's only one monitor connected when second is turned off? Video Cards and Graphics Mar 16, 2017
    Onboard graphics connected monitors don't sleep while discrete video connected monitors do sleep Video Cards and Graphics Jan 4, 2017
    Connecting sony VaioVGN-FJ3S/W to samsung LCD LE32R8 Video Cards and Graphics Nov 11, 2007
    Samsung SyncMaster 730B and ATI Radeon Xpress 200 - Analog Connection Video Cards and Graphics Jul 3, 2005
    Connecting PC to Samsung 61" DLP via DVI Question Video Cards and Graphics Sep 7, 2004

3. Slugbait

Slugbait Elite Member

The VGA might not support TV-output with anything other than VGA, but try the following Samsung guide...it could be simply a matter of using the proper display settings.

4. fusion5ny

fusion5ny Member

thanks for replying but i tried that...i believe i need to buy a signal converter in order for it to work...this would cost more than 40 for a good one so i don't know, i was hoping to beat the system by just buying the obvious cable

5. pokerchamp

pokerchamp Junior Member

I had also problems with connecting the samsung nc10 as my tv was disconnecting when I used the PC option. the reason was that the tv didn't get any signal from the computer and by pressing down the fn Key and tapping down the F4 key to the display option LCD and CRT, then suddenly everything worked as the tv was able to get the signal from the notebook.
    I used VGA - VGA cable