Connect -something- to stereo for music from Kindle tablet?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I guess I want to use the stereo in my living room as a bluetooth speaker set for the tablet.

I have an older Sony receiver that does not have built-in bluetooth. I'd like to be able to stream Amazon Prime music and my own library on SD card from a Kindle tablet to -something- attached to the Sony. I don't care about video.

From a Google search, I could get the music jukebox PC with Foobar2000 in my home office to stream to the Sony using a Chromecast and BubbleUPNP on the PC and Fire tablet, but I don't think that works for Amazon music streaming.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Thanks! 50 feet is more than enough, this is for an apartment. The layout has the kitchen/bar, living room and dining area as one big open space and I want to be able to carry the tablet around and hear something better than its tiny, weak, pitiful built-in speaker.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
FYI, I got the Logitech yesterday. Plugged it into the wall and the CD-in of my receiver, figured out how to turn bluetooth on for my Kindle Fire 7 (Settings > Wireless), pushed the big pairing button, and music!

Amazon Prime streaming works great. Next is to fill up an SD card with MP3s and try using a local player like Rocket.