Question Connect Corsair H100i Pro to ASUS motherborad prime Z390-A connectors confusion

zillah2004

Jul 2, 2012
Dear folks

Trying to build new computers and I got confused where to connect Corsair H100i Pro to ASUS motherborad prime Z390-A.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-PRO-RGB-Liquid-CPU-Coolers/p/CW-9060033-WW

I have confused which one it would the right connector

The confused motherboard connectors for me are :

"CHA_FAN1",,,,,,,,,"CHA_FAN2",,,,,,,"CPU FAN" ......."CPU_FAN",,,,,,,,,"CPU_OPT",,,,,,,,,,,,"AIO_PUMP"

My interpretation as below :
-----------------------------------
1-Case is Phanteks Eclipse P400A Tempered Glass bty default has two chassis fans rear and front,,,,I would assume that those two fans should be connected to connectors called : "CHA_FAN1" and "CHA_FAN2" not CPU_FAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Is that right

2- Cooler pump has 4 cables two of them supposed to be connected to the cooler's fan based on this video (Yes it might not be authenticated source),,,,,,Can someone confirm if that is correct ?

One cable supposed to be connected to "AIO_PUMP" ,,,,,,,Can someone confirm if that is correct ? as I have seen it was connected to be "CPU_FAN" connector ?

And the last one which is SATA type would be connected to PSU,,,,no confusion here

Thx

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
CPU goes to CPU fan.
Case fans ideally go to Chassis fans.
You can technically plug them into the other heads as well (like AIO pump) just sometimes they'll only run on full speed if they don't have PWM control - but yes they can be plugged into there, you just may not have full control of their speed.

Yes you can plug case fans into the AIO pump headers etc. as they are ultimately differently named headers that do the same thing. You'd have to make sure it's PWM set and controlled in order to control fan speed though. So if they aren't then they will just run at 100%.

The 4pins should have fan control.

lWAL2MO.png

Related thread...

Feb 4, 2009
@zillah2004 i have an h150 and if I remember correctly the pump goes to the cpu fan header and the “fans” on the AIO can go to chassis or CPU fan headers. One increases fan speed by CPU temp the other by motherboard temp.

This is important, the icue software is easy & hard to use kind of hard to explain but I’ll try.
When you select your pump you will see fan speed(s) and pump speed, to change them you need to select then set a profile and save it. The default is slow fans slow pump which will be disappointing

zillah2004

Jul 2, 2012
Just to make you sure I understood correctly
pump goes to the cpu fan header
As you know pump has 4 wires connected to it
SATA type no confusion
3 pin female
2 x 2 pin male

Do you mean the wire that has 3 pin from the pump should be connected to "CPU_FAN " connector ?

the “fans” on the AIO
Means they won't be connected to 2 x 2 pin male from the pump ?

Feb 4, 2009
Just to make you sure I understood correctly

As you know pump has 4 wires connected to it
SATA type no confusion
3 pin female
2 x 2 pin male

Do you mean the wire that has 3 pin from the pump should be connected to "CPU_FAN " connector ?

Means they won't be connected to 2 x 2 pin male from the pump ?

I’m not sure, I’ll open my case and check for you today.
Its very early where I’m at and I’ll likely fall asleep again, remind me if I forget.
From memory (I may be wrong) there was a usb connector for power to the pump, a cpu fan connector and another connector that could be chassis fan or cpu2 fan.
Off topic, per my previous reading you want to fans blowing out and front vs top mounting made very little difference in performance.

mpo

Jan 8, 2010
Cracked my case to check the wiring on my H100i Pro.

Non-hose side
* Micro(?)USB connects to motherboard USB header. Routed behind the motherboard to a header at the bottom of the motherboard.

Hose side
* 3-Pin (single wire) connects to CPU_OPT for my motherboard, had option to connect to CPU_FAN or CPU_OPT. Looks like yours has the same option, circled #3 above, NE of the CPU socket, next to the B1 RAM slot.
* Double wire connects to SATA power from the PSU.
* Ribbon splits and connects to 4-pin connectors coming from the AIO fans attached to the radiator.

Chassis fans (located at the top and rear of my case) were connected to the closest available CHA_FANx 4-pin connector.