Conn. court classifies horses as vicious animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
http://now.msn.com/horses-are-vicious-animals-rules-connecticut-court#scpshrjwfbs

If this goes through virtually nobody would be able to have or use a horse for pleasure or business in Connecticut, and it could affect other states eventually because of insurance. Thousands of years humans have been using horses and a horse bites someone and they might get labeled vicious animals and uninsurable, every animal bites including humans. The joke is that things like this even make there way up the court system.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
http://now.msn.com/horses-are-vicious-animals-rules-connecticut-court#scpshrjwfbs

If this goes through virtually nobody would be able to have or use a horse for pleasure or business in Connecticut, and it could affect other states eventually because of insurance. Thousands of years humans have been using horses and a horse bites someone and they might get labeled vicious animals and uninsurable, every animal bites including humans. The joke is that things like this even make there way up the court system.

Would you rather they spend their time making legislation like the Patriot Act? I will take stupid, senseless legislation over garbage any day.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Would you rather they spend their time making legislation like the Patriot Act? I will take stupid, senseless legislation over garbage any day.

Except you get both anyways.

I didn't read the article but if the title of this thread is any indication of the actual topic then I would say cats are more vicious than horses.

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
Horse bites hurt like hell, but are hardly deadly.

...getting kicked, on the other hand, could easily kill someone if the horse connects with a human head or chest. Here in NJ, barns post signs which basically state that horses are dangerous, and that anyone on the premises is responsible for their own safety.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I wouldn't say horses are vicious; nasty, mean, and brutish creatures to be sure but not vicious. Of course I understand their point of view as well. Biting or kicking the hell out of someone who put a bit in my mouth and tried to ride me strikes me as a valid response.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Idiotic ruling. they are animals. as far as animals go they are pretty docile. though you can't be mean, abusive etc. they will respond in kind.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Idiotic ruling. they are animals. as far as animals go they are pretty docile. though you can't be mean, abusive etc. they will respond in kind.

While not always the case in animal biting situations I do wonder if the kid was doing anything to provoke the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.