Congresswoman hangs up on Obama twice

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Text

Jesus. How jaded can one be that they need THIS much confirmation that they're actually talking to him, especially if they're in Congress? And STILL not be entirely convinced...

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I don't really blame anyone involved in this. This will probably continue to be a problem in modern society. Maybe some sort of video phone would solve this problem?

Originally posted by: winnar111
Ownt.

Who and how? :confused:

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
She ain't gonna be made a fool of by some Frenchie radio station.

Indeed, after that incident, people are getting a bit more paranoid.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
Text

Jesus. How jaded can one be that they need THIS much confirmation that they're actually talking to him, especially if they're in Congress? And STILL not be entirely convinced...

Obama is not her President yet and probably never will be.

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
I can't blame her for being suspicious with all the prank callers around now, but that was a bit over the top.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Text

That's something only the lefty loons like yourself and others here pull.

Every conservative I know and talk radio host I have heard have said that they would never pull that kind of garbage.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I find the whole scenario hilarious. I get this vision of Obama on a cordless looking at the phone after the hangup going "huh"?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Corbett
Text

Every conservative I know and talk radio host I have heard have said that they would never pull that kind of garbage.

You're right. They spend their spare time spreading rumors Obama was a muslim terrorist.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Desturel
Maybe it's time to have phones with caller ID installed to your office?

I'm sure Obama's phone comes up as "Barack Obama"

no, its going to be on a secured line.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Text

Wut are you guys talking about....

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Some elements of humor and she did have her doubts. All is well that ends well, so I hardly think its giant earth shaking news. The congresswoman and Obama will have to work together in future, and as someone
influential in the Cuban American community, he called her by surprise.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Text

You're right. They spend their spare time spreading rumors Obama was a muslim terrorist.

Links?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Text

Funny you should mention that. Have you listened to Glenn Beck lately? He constantly pulls this bullshit. Not necessarily on Congressmen, but on average folks. He calls people working at convenience stores and tries to make them look like idiots, while pretending to be someone else completely.

It's sort of like Jay Leno's Jaywalking, but with an emphasis on being an asshole to everyone.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Funny story.
Congresswoman gets some airtime.
Obama's talking to the other side gets airtime.

For once everybody wins.