Congress's bi-partisan USPS overhaul law

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I guess if you guys don't want to listen to reason and just spew personal attacks, whatever. But DeJoy will remain in place for the foreseeable future.

As far as the union, to each his own. I do not care for any of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Doesn't mean Biden can't list it as an accomplishment. This had been an issue through 4 presidents and now it's finally fixed.

I didn't say that he couldn't. Only that it was bipartisan.
This should have never been an issue and should have been fixed a long time ago.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Looks like 1987 when they switched from CSRS to FERS. According to this, they didn't pay social security but paid Medicare tax.

It was a fun time being a private contractor working in a DOD facility with government workers. Almost all of the old timers that could do it stayed with CSRS, but some transitioned.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Felix,

Many moons ago, I did work for the USPS.

Thank you for your service. 🙂

I know not everyone's experience is the same. Even the majority of non PO employees have varying opinions of their own jobs, myself included.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
It’s obvious to anyone that isn’t disingenuous that you can’t make more money by hiring 70k a year staff to squeeze people over a few hundred bucks of tax evasion.

So I can see why the republicans are against staffing the IRS properly.
No. My understanding is the staffing is to police the top 0.10% or so of filers. Most people take the standard deduction. I have a salary job that pays a crap ton of money and I take the standard deduction and pay 37% federal taxes. It's people or businesses who can make millions, claim millions on losses on paper and pay nothing we need to go after. That's the point. Going after a guy who has a cadre of accountants and lawyers working for him needs a cadre of accountants and lawyers on your side. I mean aren't trump's taxes supposed lt be thousands of pages long because of all the businesses he has to report which can be used to manipulate his tax liability.

The reason why the GOP voted against this is largely they are supported by big business's interests who are in favor of income inequality and tax manipulation and fraud is a good way to keep money in one owns pocket and out of the hands of the common man.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I guess if you guys don't want to listen to reason and just spew personal attacks, whatever. But DeJoy will remain in place for the foreseeable future.

As far as the union, to each his own. I do not care for any of them.

I don't see any reasoned thinking from you at all. All I see is tired old talking points that have been debunked and refuted over the last several years. You really need new material.

This isn't a safe space for your feels, or your carefully picked cherries. If you don't want to address facts and instead cling to your talk radio and Fox bullshit, well, yes, whatever.

Last edited:

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Thank you for your service. 🙂

I know not everyone's experience is the same. Even the majority of non PO employees have varying opinions of their own jobs, myself included.

That is insulting to the men and women who served in the U.S. military. I sorted mail. I did not face bullets.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I don't see any reasoned thinking from you at all. All I see is tired old talking points that have been debunked and refuted over the last several years. You really need new material.

This isn't a safe space for your feels, or your carefully picked cherries. If you don't want to address facts and instead cling to your talk radio and Fox bullshit, yes, whatever.

So you did not watch the video where he explained in his own words what he has done and will do for the post office? Im guessing you did not. If you did, you would know he is the right man for the job.

Instead you would rather just attack me to make yourself feel good, while spouting hate.

I wish you well, but I dont think we are going to agree.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
That is insulting to the men and women who served in the U.S. military. I sorted mail. I did not face bullets.

I thank people for their service in all fields all the time and will continue to do so. But if you think otherwise thats up to you.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
So you did not watch the video where he explained in his own words what he has done and will do for the post office? Im guessing you did not. If you did, you would know he is the right man for the job.

Instead you would rather just attack me to make yourself feel good, while spouting hate.

He is not the right man for the job as he is openly partisan, proud of his support for a traitor, and has his own legal issues as well as conflicts of interest. As someone who sees Amazon as some kind of bastion of worker prosperity, I'm not at all surprised you think the guy is trustworthy. I'm not interested in his prognostications, seems you're not interested in hearing him address recent history.
Not exactly. I will criticize shills and sockpuppets anytime, anywhere, for their loose grasp on facts and that whole penchant for cherrypicking. I'm not alone. Your opinion not meshing well with reality is what is being criticized here btw, not you personally.

I wish you well too. Hope it starts with you learning to put country ahead of party or political ideology. Fingers crossed.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
Waves of repetitive stress injuries, a gestapo like level of surveillance on employees, and so much bullshit and long hours that they'll start having trouble finding employees?

I think you need to understand how bad it can get without unions involved. If you dropped the talking points just imagine how informed you could be.
My local post office is short 10 people - with hiring posters listing starting wages at $19.09/hr. A supervisor delivers mail some days, other days the mail sits because there's no one to deliver.

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi and Lezunto

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm off the beaten path, mail has gotten a lot slower in recent years. Beyond what the new schedule calls for. My local PO is always understaffed. The larger PO complex a few towns over is the same. The girl I knew that worked there recently left given the job market, with happiness and pay both increased greatly. Back when she still worked there she was clear on how DeJoy was not a popular person at the USPS. She still doesn't have anything nice to say about him, says morale is still low there.

You know what would fix that I bet? If the USPS made delivery people consent to biometric spying like Amazon drivers have to. Constant micro managing is key, and people love it. That Bezos has it all figgered oot.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
You know what would fix that I bet? If the USPS made delivery people consent to biometric spying like Amazon drivers have to. Constant micro managing is key, and people love it. That Bezos has it all figgered oot.
What's the biometric spying? The scanners they have now track their movements and might even have the ability for messaging. At least I haven't seen them carrying bottles around for bathroom breaks - yet. I did hear an employee get scolded by his boss for getting done 10 minutes late last winter when we had freezing rain off and on.

• Wow

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

He's the right man for the job? You are fucking stupid! If he is the right man for the job, why is my mail being delayed for days, and in some cases weeks? Why are packages that are supposed to be delivered in 2 to 3 days, taking 10 to 14 days to get delivered, if they even arrive at all? Why are theses same packages immediately being marked delayed the moment they are in the USPS possession and they sit for days in the same location? Those are not the results of good leadership or the results of having the right man for the job, it's examples of having the wrong man for the job. Could it be because he has a financial stake in a competitor? Again, you are fucking stupid. The ONLY thing that has helped the current situation the Post office and it's financial situation, it is what Congress is doing that will help them. Not because of what that ass hat is doing. He is the WRONG MAN for the job, and he causing people to avoid the USPS and causing them to lose business and revenue. He has taken the USPS backwards in efficiency, which is costing them customers and money.

Last edited:

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
He's the right man for the job? You are fucking stupid! If he is the right man for the job, why is my mail being delayed for days, and in some cases weeks? Why are packages that are supposed to be delivered in 2 to 3 days, taking 10 to 14 days to get delivered, if they even arrive at all? Why are theses same packages immediately being marked delayed the moment they are in the USPS possession and they sit for days in the same location? Those are not the results of good leadership or the results of having the right man for the job, it's examples of having the wrong man for the job. Could it be because he has a financial stake in a competitor? Again, you are fucking stupid. The ONLY thing that has helped the current situation the Post office and it's financial situation, it is what Congress is doing that will help them. Not because of what that ass hat is doing. He is the WRONG MAN for the job, and he causing people to avoid the USPS and causing them to lose business and revenue. He has taken the USPS backwards in efficiency, which is costing them customers and money.

You do realize that there is more than one person in charge at the PO, correct? Would you expect the president of a bank to micromanage every account at a bank? No. Thats what branch managers are for.

Here is a crazy idea, why dont you contact the PO about your complaints instead?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and iRONic

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You do realize that there is more than one person in charge at the PO, correct? Would you expect the president of a bank to micromanage every account at a bank? No. Thats what branch managers are for.

Here is a crazy idea, why dont you contact the PO about your complaints instead?
Haha right after he gets done complaining to the DMV.

• Haha

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

You should explain this to someone else in this thread.
He was the only person who got the mail delivered on time.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

Then why is it a problem across the nation with the majority of the USPS branches? You must have missed where Dejoy is in charge of the USPS, and has enacted procedures and policies that slowed down delivery times across the nations. You must have missed where mail and packages are being held across the country. You don't seem to grasp the fact that HE is the one who has made, and is making the changes that is taking the USPS backwards. You obviously have no clue how the Chain of command works, or how leadership work if you don't believe that he is the one in charge and responsible for the issues. That's why you are trying to blame the local leadership, no realizing that they are following the standards and procedures Dejoy has implemented as they are REQUIRED to do.

You can't even comprehend that Bank Branch Managers have to follow corporate guidelines set out by the CEO of the bank, or those of the board of directors. You seem to think they don't have to follow any rules. Guess what the local USPS post masters are doing? Following the guidelines, standards, and/or procedures set by Dejoy.. you know, the guy who is in charge of the USPS, the guy you are trying to shift the blame from, even though he is the one that is to blame.. I really don't like to repeat myself, but i am going to one last time: YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID!

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This would be a simple task of googling his long list of accomplishments. Since I know you can do that, I wont bother. But he is a cog in the wheel of progress taking place at the USPS. With the new law removing more burdens on the PO, he will have more resources to deploy in that effort.

Replacing him would be a bad idea.

There is no such list, asshole.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

It's up to you to constantly believe proven liars and fraudsters when they are obviously lying to you. That's you, not the rest of us.

Similarly, it's only up to you to stop being a fucking shitclown, but no one believes that you won't.

Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54