Congressman leaves GOP because of Trump

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
and Trump's attempt to overthrow the election. He is now Independent. Personally I was hoping he was a senator.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
It’s nice he said something publicly but he waited until the very end of his term after not running for re-election. This isn’t exactly a profile in courage. He says he is quoting because he doesn’t like the vitriol in modern politics. He could have done more if he spoke out earlier and actually fought for the change he wants to see. Very disappointing overall.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I would have been more impressed if he did it before the election. thrmp had been setting his legal battle since spring

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Let me know when one of these guys gives a full throated condemnation of all the bullshit. Every one of them seems to qualify the nonsense we are seeing with some attempt at "there were irregularities and fraud, just not enough to change the results." It just adds to the lie that there were widespread problems. There just wasn't.

When one of them has the balls to support the integrity of democracy, then maybe I'll sing their praises.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
For every sane Republican there is 100 of these

Also. Stacy is getting some R love. Nice, whatever she is doing she is doing it right.
Saw an interview with Abrams yesterday. She is sharp, she is focused, and she is on the right side of history. I hope she can get the Dem voters energized. Actually, the shenanigans' that the Republicans have played regarding voter fraud claims, and more importantly voter supression, will keep the Dems energized to get this country's collective head out of it's ass.