Congressman introduces bill to legalize low levels of marijuana

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Fmr12B
28.5 grams per ounce

114 grams in a 4oz sack. Dats a lot of weed for personal consumption.

So is a carton of cigarettes.
Well the potency of weed today is much stronger than it was just a few year ago. In comparison with cigerettes, todays Doob would be more like a Cuban Cigar.

NOT TRUE.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ebaycj
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Fmr12B
28.5 grams per ounce

114 grams in a 4oz sack. Dats a lot of weed for personal consumption.

So is a carton of cigarettes.
Well the potency of weed today is much stronger than it was just a few year ago. In comparison with cigerettes, todays Doob would be more like a Cuban Cigar.

NOT TRUE.
So we've heard from the experts...well those not to stoned to post;)

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Me being in my early 30's, I have no idea what pot was like 20 years ago. And I myself don't smoke these days (contrary to my username at other forums :D). But I do know that some very potent weed exists, the stuff that is about 4 times more expensive than your average shwag, as back in my day, I smoked it. But even though it is much more potent, it doesn't make it any more dangerous.

In fact, the level of "high" compared to the regular stuff is, well, higher, but not as much as one may imagine. The major reason most people buy it is because it takes a much smaller amount of it to get high. Usually 1-3 hits. Smoking much more of it doesn't get the person "higher." So, it isn't more dangerous as some would make you believe.