Congressional investigators find irregularities in FBI's handling of Clinton email case

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I will give you a twofer

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...ka-trump-s-security-1507209941-htmlstory.html

Ivanka has security clearance and she uses a non government email to do government business

The Trump Clan, they all got this "exception card" where when they violate any rules be they moral, ethical or legal, all they have to do is whip out that card that says in effect that any and all rules and laws will apply to everybody "except us".

They really need to have this card because to them the laws of the land are simply bothersome impediments that challenge their intellect and severely restricts the exclusive privileges and habits they've acquired as the wealthy celebrities they think they are. Once they had the power of the presidency in hand, they really did think and act as if the privileges they were born with were infinitely magnified and finally put them above the law. The office made them drunk with power to the point where Trump's kids actually thought they were now a dynasty where the power of the office could be handed down to them as any family heirloom would. I'm certain they had the DPRK's model of the transference of power in mind. Yes, I do believe these kids are that ignorant and shielded from the realities of life.

They're used to throwing their wealth in people's faces to be first in line, to be the last say in any argument they find themselves in, to be treated as any royal expects to be treated. Add to that haughty flagrantly snooty attitude of theirs the power, prestige and glam that the office of the presidency brings and Voila! the Trumps think and act like they own the whole place and can say and do anything they want any time they want......well, until they were told they couldn't, but by then they got themselves into some really deep shit, didn't they? ;)

edit - spl

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Wait, are you not the cynical type that believes all politicians are crooked on some level?

Unrelated, how is Pam Bondi not in jail?
The only thing that would break my cynicism is if members of both parties started to show some courage by holding their own members accountable. For most of my adult life, its felt like political opportunism is the driving motivator of accountability.

Jul 9, 2009
You mean that Repubs need as many distractions as they can generate to obfuscate their own dirty deeds & the ongoing corruption & incompetence in the Trump admin.
No, Republicans need to expose the corruption and criminal incompetence of the Obama Administration without being distracted by the partisan lies and obfuscation of the Democrats and the establishment press.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The only thing that would break my cynicism is if members of both parties started to show some courage by holding their own members accountable. For most of my adult life, its felt like political opportunism is the driving motivator of accountability.

So what you are saying is that comey is a liar, lorreta lynch is corrupt, and rank and file fbi agents are deep state'rs in the bag for the Clinton's who the head honchos all happen to be Republicans in name only simply to help Clinton be the greatest criminal mastermind the world has ever seen!

Do I have that right? Go ahead and tell me which parts you believe to be true and what facts or evidence you have for those beliefs. I'm all for justice being served equally and without bias so you will have to help me out and explain, in detail how this isn't a witch hunt.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
You want someone nominated who is above suspicion, but anyone who would run is inherently corrupt.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, Republicans need to expose the corruption and criminal incompetence of the Obama Administration without being distracted by the partisan lies and obfuscation of the Democrats and the establishment press.

Heh. It would be better if they showed some integrity & competence in their own endeavors.

All of the emails Hillary turned over were examined by the FBI & are now part of the public record via FOIA. No indictable offenses were found, so now the GOP wants to investigate the investigators instead of the evidence.

Having established irrational Hillary hate as a prime motivator of their base they'll play it for all it's worth. They be spinning conspiracy theories for a decade or as long as it keeps the flock in a crazified state of mind.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
You think the presidents kids have access to the same levels of information as the secretary of state? lol You are a fool.
:D

Yet unlike you, fool, I'm not so deep in the GOP bubble that I was ignorant of the Trump kids' security clearances. I wasn't so ignorant that I doubled down by suggesting one had to be elected to have access to classified information. That was all you, fool, and you were wrong no matter how many times you try to move the goalposts.

You should consider sticking to The_Donald where ignorance of basic facts is an asset.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
[ ... ]
I doubt we would even be talking about Russian interference had [ Clinton ] won.
I disagree. It might not be a daily headline, but having a hostile foreign state trying to undermine our democracy is a big deal Our intel agencies were already investigating before the election when everyone expected Clinton to win. That would have continued and even escalated as we learned more about the extent of Russian interference. I think the biggest difference we would see is the GOP would be attacking Obama and Clinton for not doing more instead of trying to deny and obstruct as they're doing now.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So what you are saying is that comey is a liar, lorreta lynch is corrupt, and rank and file fbi agents are deep state'rs in the bag for the Clinton's who the head honchos all happen to be Republicans in name only simply to help Clinton be the greatest criminal mastermind the world has ever seen!

Do I have that right? Go ahead and tell me which parts you believe to be true and what facts or evidence you have for those beliefs. I'm all for justice being served equally and without bias so you will have to help me out and explain, in detail how this isn't a witch hunt.
This is why we need an independent assessment of what actually happened. Neither you nor I were part of these conversations, so all we can do is speculate.

You are willing to give benefit of the doubt, perhaps recognizing that the allegations against Trump are far more severe and the implications far more damaging to our democracy, and that the Republicans are leveraging this to cloud the Mueller investigation. You are not wrong.

I am not willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I recognize and acknowledge your perspective as truthful and accurate, but I also think there is an extra layer of concern in the handling of the Clinton investigation. Given the unprecedented nature of a Presidential candidate actively under FBI investigation, it was literally a race to election day, with a lot of calculated risks and poor decisions that in hindsight indicate irregularities and deviation from process and precedence. I think we deserve to understand why.

If you want to chalk up my skepticism to Hillary hate, that is fine. From my side, I don't understand the admiration of her.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I disagree. It might not be a daily headline, but having a hostile foreign state trying to undermine our democracy is a big deal Our intel agencies were already investigating before the election when everyone expected Clinton to win. That would have continued and even escalated as we learned more about the extent of Russian interference. I think the biggest difference we would see is the GOP would be attacking Obama and Clinton for not doing more instead of trying to deny and obstruct as they're doing now.

Denial among the Faithful must be maintained. When they show up to defend southern monuments they'll march with Nazis & think nothing of it. When they elect Trump they'll stand with Russian propagandists & pretend they're not there.

The compartmentalization employed to avoid cognitive dissonance is truly amazing. It's as if they believe Putin's boys really want to MAGA.The opposite is obviously true- they set out to mess with our minds & succeeded quite brilliantly.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This is why we need an independent assessment of what actually happened. Neither you nor I were part of these conversations, so all we can do is speculate.

You are willing to give benefit of the doubt, perhaps recognizing that the allegations against Trump are far more severe and the implications far more damaging to our democracy, and that the Republicans are leveraging this to cloud the Mueller investigation. You are not wrong.

I am not willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I recognize and acknowledge your perspective as truthful and accurate, but I also think there is an extra layer of concern in the handling of the Clinton investigation. Given the unprecedented nature of a Presidential candidate actively under FBI investigation, it was literally a race to election day, with a lot of calculated risks and poor decisions that in hindsight indicate irregularities and deviation from process and precedence. I think we deserve to understand why.

If you want to chalk up my skepticism to Hillary hate, that is fine. From my side, I don't understand the admiration of her.

What a load of doublespeak. You acknowledge the scurrilous nature of GOP efforts while parroting their innuendo regarding the integrity of the FBI.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
There's always time. No reason not to also investigate the abuses of power by the Obama administration though.

Obviously you are supporting the investigations of a past administration about email abuses.

But yet you are not vocal about the CURRENT administration with their email abuses.

Also classification of information is constantly being changed it might be not classified then later it will be considered classified, because of that all email / information should always sent through official government communications.

To comment on the question in the other post... How do you know all of Ivanka's email was not classified? Was there an investigation into it?